Accountant - Legal
About Yang Chan & Jamison
Yang Chan & Jamison is a Hong Kong law firm and a member of the Deloitte Legal global network. Our lawyers, who are licensed to practise Hong Kong law, not only have strong local ties but also a wide vision, being part of a global network. Our local roots and global reach make us a unique service provider in Hong Kong's marketplace.
Working with the Deloitte Legal global network that offers services in more than 80 countries with a team of over 2,000 legal professionals (as of Jan 2019) and other highly qualified law firms, we can cater to the legal needs of our clients in virtually every major location across the world. Work you'll do:
- Balance each processor's batch to trust and scanned remote deposits to bank;
- Handle specialty posting for direct payments both manually and using available automation;
- Effectively and efficiently process trust checks and Automated Clearing House payments to third parties;
- Monitor and provide follow-up for all past-due items and communicate the status to necessary personnel;
- Evaluate clients aged receivable, applying credit and other requests to successfully clear balances;
- Prepare daily transactions and month end closing of accounts receivable and revenue team;
- Produce monthly firm's management accounts and assist in year-end audit required of HK law firms regarding its Trust/ Client accounts pursuant to HK Law Society Rules;
- Prepare monthly ageing and analysis reports for management review and corrective action plan;
- Assist the supervisor in preparing ad hoc reports.
- Degree holder in Accounting or related disciplines, and student member of ACCA or HKICPA;
- Minimum 5 years' working experience in law firm or commercial sector, preferably in MNC;
- Familiarity with rules and regulations of Hong Kong Law Society & practices relating to a HK licensed law firm's General/Firm & Trust/Client accounts;
- Previous experience in accounts receivable and revenue is a plus;
- Hands-on experience on "SAP" System is an advantage;
- Proficient in MS Excel with knowledge of MS Office;
- Team player with good interpersonal skills;
- Good communication skills in both English and Chinese, including Mandarin;
- Immediately available is preferred.
Deloitte China refers to Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Macau, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Certified Public Accountants LLP in the Chinese Mainland and their respective affiliates practising in Hong Kong, Macau and the Chinese Mainland.
Requisition code: CN168836