Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Audit Division
Hang Seng's Audit (HASE INA) function provides independent, objective assurance to management and the Audit Committee over the risk management, governance and controls framework, including financial controls to add value and to improve operations through process and control enhancement recommendations. Our Audit function accomplishes its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to the evaluation and improvement of the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes and thereby helps the Bank to achieve its own objectives within its stated risk appetite and in accordance with Bank ethics, values and standards.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Assistant Risk and Control Manager
Assistant Risk and Control Manager within Audit has responsibility to support the Head of HASE INA and Senior Audit Manager to provide administrative support, drive automation and data analytics in Management Information, manage operational risk of the department and provide high quality reports and management information for internal management, key stakeholders and regulators. Principal responsibilities
- Responsible for the efficient running and support of HASE INA by executing the policies for HASE INA. These will include:
- Assist the Head of HASE INA and Senior Audit Manager to effectively manage Operational Risks within the department. It includes effective identification and assessment, monitoring, mitigation, management and reporting of Operational Risks including but not limited to Regulatory Compliance, Business Continuity, Information Security, Record Management, Conduct, etc.
- Support the preparation of Management Information and incorporate data analytics in daily duties to drive valuable insights to assist management decision.
- Drive automation of Management Information reporting by using different data analytics tools.
- Support the Head of HASE INA and Senior Audit Manager in driving the people strategy including team building, training and development.
- Provide administrative and logistics support to the department.
- Provide secretarial support to the Head of HASE INA.
- University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Account or related disciplines
- Possesses minimum 1 year of relevant work of administrative support and business management experience, preferably in financial institution
- Experience and knowledge of data analytics and automation tools, such as Python, VBA, Tableau and Qlik, is an advantage
- Good understanding on Operational Risks
- Strong self-motivation, sound organization, good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese, fluency in Putonghua is an advantage
- Proficiency in PC skills including Excel, Word and Power Point
If you would like to explore other opportunities at Hang Seng Hong Kong, please visit www.hangseng.com/careers/ for details.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.