KPMG China's Strategy & Operations (S&O) teams work with C-level executives to identify, structure and help solve their most critical strategic and performance needs across the economic and transaction cycles. Our mission is to provide insights, knowledge and support to our clients to help them make positive decisions which are value enhancing. We are looking to attract, coach and retain exceptional talent to help us achieve our mission.
We are continuing to grow our leading Financial Services practice, and we are currently looking for an inspirational and seasoned Associate Director with experience directly working with Mainland and Greater China region (including Taiwan and Hong Kong) banks and financial institutions. We work with industry-leaders to deliver from 'Strategy-to-Results', covering projects in strategy, customer, operations, regulatory, and technology. It is an exciting time to join us as our practice is expanding due to our market-leading propositions and strength of client relationships.
We are seeking exceptional individuals who have a passion for identifying and creating solutions for clients. We are looking for strong candidates from consulting, banking, asset and wealth management, and technology backgrounds. As a team, we are a group of diverse individuals who share the same collaborative and passionate spirit both inside and outside of work. Responsibilities Leadership
- Lead the S&O Mainland and Greater China banking team in developing industry relationships, designing go-to-market propositions and strategies, and delivering strategic and transformational projects
- Lead, design and deliver client projects and deliverables, beginning with the shaping of the overall problem statement, develop complex storyboarding and shape the overall problem solving approach to develop recommendations
- Build client relationships to be seen as the 'go to' person and a trusted advisor by senior executives
- Support the identification, pursuit and conversion of a pipeline of business development opportunities
- Actively develop own knowledge and expertise across Banking, Wealth and Asset Management
- Motivate, coach and develop project team members and appraisees, and give constructive 360 degree feedback
- Be a strong and effective team player
Required experience & technical skills
- Identify, design and lead critical and complex practice development initiatives, coordinating other members of the team
- Design and run projects using agile methodology and apply leading insights in customer and employee experience
- Support banks in digital and strategic transformation projects, including project management, process review and design including implementation
- Lead client presentations, direct project governance, generate strategic hypotheses and drive the storyboarding process
- Familiar with financial data and analytics, including basic financial modelling, to support implementation projects
- Develop solutions to complex problems and challenge the thinking of more senior colleagues and clients
- 8+ years of relevant experience working with Mainland and Greater China financial institutions in any of the below capacities:
- Strategy and operations consulting experience in leading strategy or management consultancies
- Corporate strategy / Corporate development / M&A team within a financial institution
- Internal Project / Consulting team within a financial institution
• Degree from a leading institution
• Strong slide structuring and writing capabilities
• Evidence of project management/workstream leadership
• Knowledge of wealth management operations and/or compliance
• Research skills, including market research and regulatory review
• Project management experience in regulatory / operational / TOM-like projects
• Project management certification and knowledge of Agile delivery will be an advantage
• Analytical mindset, intellectual curiosity, structured thinking, and creativity
• Confidence, people skills, ambition and pragmatism
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Mandarin and Cantonese
• Experience working in Mainland China is highly preferred
For more information, please visit https://home.kpmg.com/cn/zh/home/services/advisory/strategy.html .
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2021 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.