Associate / Senior - Audit & Assurance
About Deloitte China
Our professionals at Deloitte China provide a full range of audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk management and tax services, and work closely within Greater China, across Asia-Pacific and around the world to provide clients of every size with local experience and international expertise. We have considerable experience in China and are one of the leading professional services providers in this marketplace.
The Deloitte purpose
is about making an impact that matters to our clients. Our extensive service spectrum enables us to help clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. Deloitte is committed to investing in our people and empowers them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
To learn more about how Deloitte makes an impact that matters in the China marketplace, please connect with our Deloitte China social media platforms via www2.deloitte.com/cn/en/social-media
. About Audit & Assurance
We help our clients achieve business objectives, accomplish fund raising activities, strengthen management capabilities and minimize enterprise risks through the use of our unique Deloitte Audit risk-based approach. Our clients include major multinational corporations, listed companies and other leading companies in both Hong Kong and Mainland China. Facilitated by our own state of the art technology EMS (Engagement Management System), our professionals who are experienced in both local and international laws / regulations deliver efficient and cost effective audit solutions to our clients. Work you'll do:
- Uses an understanding of audit and risk advisory issues and stakeholder needs to address complex problems.
- Is proactive in developing a thorough understanding of the risk assessment process and its impact on the engagement and inputs into risk discussions in relation to the engagement and entity
- Demonstrates an appreciation of how their work on the audit plan, influences the contribution of specialists and experts
- Exercises independent choice in relation to the use of tools, guidance and methodology in delivering the audit
- Proactively seeks to understand the bigger picture in terms of how their contribution fits within the overall project plan and looks to improve the efficiency of that plan
- Applies analytical thinking and professional skepticism to surface more complex issues within the audit and appropriately document judgements
You are also expected to:
- Acts with honesty and integrity, keeps up to date with ethical and professional standards, and is compliant with all Deloitte processes which safeguard client confidentiality and the firm's reputation
- Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life
- Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador
- Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results
- Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities
- Bachelor's / Master's degree of any disciplines, accounting or accounting related major is preferred
- Certification of CICPA, HKICPA is desirable and other CPA is preferred
- 3 to 5 years' auditing experience in CPA firms, preferred Big 4
- Good understanding of US GAAP, IFRS and/or HK GAAP and strong IPO related knowledge and experience wherever related to US, HK or Singapore is highly preferred
- Strong analytical and highly commitment to quality client service
- Be mature, initiative with strong sense of teamwork
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Mandarin Chinese, including both technical and business writing, documentation and presentation skills
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Willing to travel
Deloitte China refers to Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Macau, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Certified Public Accountants LLP in the Chinese Mainland and their respective affiliates practising in Hong Kong, Macau and the Chinese Mainland.
Requisition code: CN168509