Business Analyst - Group Strategy & Projects (Innovation Lab) (12-Month Contract)
HKEX Group is the owner of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and the London Metal Exchange. With a market cap of US$59 billion at the end of September 2020, it is one of the largest market operators in the world, and a member of the Hang Seng Index.
As the pioneer of connections between Chinese and international companies and investors, HKEX continues to shape the global landscape of capital markets. Today, HKEX is on an exciting journey of modernising Hong Kong's market infrastructure for the future. The Role
The HKEX Innovation and Data Lab is looking for a motivated Business Analyst
to help us deliver a flagship business initiative: the end-to-end digital transformation of Hong Kong's Initial Public Offering (IPO) admission process.
Hong Kong has led the world in IPO fundraising for over a decade, recently attracting major stock listings such as Alibaba, Xiaomi, Meituan, JD.com and NetEase. Building a forward-looking digital foundation will help ensure that Hong Kong continues this leadership.
As a member of a highly motivated project team, you will play a critical role in converting management's vision for a redesigned IPO admission process into reality. You will work closely with different HKEX business teams and domain experts, as well as with HKEX's high-calibre technology partners. Job Responsibilities
- Drive coordination between HKEX business users, IT colleagues and external technology partners to support the new system's implementation, testing and rollout.
- Proactively gather requirements from a broad array of external and internal business users and IT professionals, and document the required specifications and end-to-end user journeys for the new platform.
- Review the specifications delivered by external technology partners to ensure compliance to the requirements of the business.
- Work with the relevant business users to prepare test plans and test cases for the new platform, and coordinate with IT colleagues in the preparation of various testing tools and facilities.
- Work closely with the development and QA teams during development and testing of the new platform.
- Review and assess any change requests raised during project's implementation.
- Participate in project updates, brainstorming and design sessions as needed.
What to expect
- University degree or above.
- 5+ years as a Business Analyst in the financial services industry, with a preference for roles related to the implementation of new technologies, products or services.
- Some experience in the Hong Kong IPO business will be highly regarded (in relevant syndicate, registry, brokerage, payment or custody operations).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. You should be able to absorb, analyse, break down and communicate complex workflows and interactions
- Proven ability to map and communicate 'as-is' and 'to-be' business and technical processes, e.g. using swim lane, data flow and sequence diagrams
- Solid competence in eliciting and documenting requirements, with experience in traceable documentation techniques using tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Confident stakeholder management to handle challenging conversations and lead productive collaboration between diverse points of view in a team setting.
- Great self-organisation, task prioritisation and attention to detail.
- Fluent written and spoken communication and presentation skills in English and Cantonese, with Mandarin considered a strong advantage.
- Motivated : you believe strongly in the potential of FinTech in Hong Kong's markets
- Creative : you have a natural curiosity and are proactive with suggesting solutions
- Visible : you have opinions, communicate them persuasively, and build others' trust.
- Committed : your work ethic and hunger to learn are exemplary.
- Positive : you bring a team-player attitude and are able to develop strong relationships.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a talented and motivated individual to get close-up exposure to the incredible Asian capital markets and take on significant, intellectually rewarding responsibilities. We will provide you with an open, collaborative and inspiring working environment, with high visibility inside HKEX and all the benefits of working for one of the most influential market operators in the world. Exceptional performers will be considered for a permanent role with HKEX.
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.