CIB - Risk - Markets Operational Risk - Vice President
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
Our Firmwide Risk function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals brings and embracing an inclusive environment. Your key responsibilities will include:
To be successful, you willneed:
- Independently evaluating and challenging implementation of the firm's Operational Risk Management Framework ("ORMF"), promoting cross-LOB/Function consistency and adoption of best practices.
- Challenging the mitigation of catastrophic risks relating to Electronic Trading (E-Trading) Operational Risk Management
- Building out the E-Trading Operational risk Management Framework designed to provide effective challenge to the growing E-Trading Business activities across CIB Markets
- Reviewing the risks identified by the first line of defense. Where appropriate, providing independent and credible challenge to the first line and escalating any new or emerging risks or issues.
- Independently assesses operational risks for relevant Markets business through quantitative and qualitative means. Drive the second line of defenses independent assessment which identifies risk drivers that may impact operational risk activities and the controls to help mitigate such risks.
- Reporting on results including changes in risk assessments, results of monitoring and testing, and required corrective actions to senior management, consistent with the firm's escalation practices.
- Providing input into policies and standards established by Operational Risk and the second line of defense which set forth the requirements for CIB regarding the management of operational risk and enables oversight and independent assessment over operational risks inherent within the firm's activities
- Minimum Bachelor degree; or sufficient compensatingexperience
- Experience with risk management, productownership, business management and operations, controls management, orapplication development with an emphasis on financial markets.
- Understanding of Markets business, internalsystems (including E-Trading systems), processes, front to back trade lifecycle in detail an advantage
- Excellent project management with successfultrack record of completion
- Strong team player and self-starter
- Passionate and capable of learning in achanging environment while delivering results