CIB Markets Business Control Officer: Equities Trading - Executive Director
J .P. Morgan's APACEquities Trading Group offers clients a comprehensive set of market-making,structuring and risk management capabilities across the full spectrum ofEquities asset classes.
The BCO's objective is tohelp the business manage its regulatory obligations, conduct, operational riskand supervisory requirements. BCO's mandate is akey role for the business in the increasingly complex and demanding globalregulatory environment.
The advertised position is forthe Business Control Office for the APAC Equities Trading business, a skilledteam of change, risk and controls experts who are responsible for managing theend-to-end control environment, spanning all of the primary functions frombusiness execution, credit risk, market risk, model risk, VCG, Operations throughto Finance. The Equities BCO team is part of a wider Markets BCO teamwhich reports into the Oversight and Control office as well as the MarketsCFO.
The successful candidatewill be a trusted advisor on regulatory, operational risk and control matters.
Duties of this roleinclude:
- Serving as trusted control advisor to the Front Office including prepping it for examinations and audits
- In conjunction with Legal, Compliance and other functions, representing Front Office interests vis a vis control/regulatory initiatives
- Execution and implementation of business controls , risk governance and reporting priorities and strategy
- Control representative in control forums
- Identification, documentation and remediation of control gaps, risk assessment and root cause issue analysis
- In connection with all activities, improvement of the 'user experience' for all stakeholders and partners, i.e., focus in enhancing transparency, efficiency and simplicity of control processes
- Front Office supervision management and execution
- Front office supervisory tool development
- Front Office supervision and oversight including exception management
- Supervisory attestations
- Policy development, review and implementation
- Operating procedures documentation and implementation
- Pre-trade, and in certain cases, post trade surveillance
The Role requiresestablishment of strong relationships with the Front Office and a deepunderstanding of the business, its control challenges, its architecture andproducts. The candidate should be interested in working in a fast-pacedand dynamic environment, participating in key initiatives and becoming involvedin a diverse set of issues that will have a direct impact on the organization. Qualifications:
- University degree
- Previous experience in a middle office, trading, audit, operational risk or compliance function
- Previous experience in management consulting or technology innovation (start-ups or FANG-type companies)
- Understanding of Equities products and markets
- Understanding of the end to end product life cycle for Equities
- Highly motivated, energetic self-starter who takes ownership
- Strong organizational skills - manages and prioritizes multiple tasks across different time horizons within deadlines
- Strong understanding of controls and their application to different processes and businesses
- Strong analytical, problem solving and process re-engineering skills
- Excellent Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team player with excellent partnering and influencing skills