COO - Facility Service Delivery Manager - VP
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank APAC
- 21 Feb 19
COO - Facility Service Delivery Manager - VP
Operations provides support for all of Deutsche Bank's businesses to enable them to deliver transactions and processes to clients. Our people work in established global financial centres such as London, New York, Frankfurt and Singapore, as well as specialist development and service centres in locations including Bucharest, Moscow, Pune, Dublin and Cary. We process payments in excess of a trillion euros across the bank's platforms, support thousands of trading desks and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day.
A dynamic and diverse division, our objective is to make sure that all our services are executed in a timely and professional manner, that risk is minimised and that the client experience is positive. We are proud of the professionalism of our people, and the work they do. In return, we offer excellent career development opportunities to foster skills and talent.
The purpose of the Facility Services Delivery Manager is to take responsibility for the delivery of all workplace facility services, through the Bank's Tier 1 and 2 vendor partners, along with any change programmes delivered at a local level, not limited to but including reactive works for both established and ad-hoc services.
The Facility Services Delivery Manager has accountability for delivering the DB Corporate Services vision and strategy, at a country level, focusing on achieving consistent operational excellence and client/user satisfaction through industrialisation, price/value optionality, and leveraging increased automation and the use of technology to ensure Service Delivery and Operations are fully aligned and integrated.
The Facility Services Delivery Manager is accountable for performance outcomes within their assigned work-stream. They will lead their local team providing regional oversight of operations and working closely with Portfolio Performance, Change the Bank and COO colleagues to ensure client satisfaction, achievement of business goals and close management of risk.
The Facility Services Delivery Manager is accountable for developing and implementing strategies to deliver continuous improvement through implementation of best practices, for execution of transformation and transition projects and for managing service provision through strategic partners and local vendors, in conjunction with the Regional Services Delivery Co-ordinator and vendor management colleagues.
The Facility Services Delivery Manager is a senior member of the Service Delivery / Operations professions and will provide thought leadership in Service Delivery / Operations, particularly as it relates to their domain experience.
The Facility Services Delivery Manager will develop strong, trusting relationships with leaders within the business and support their team members to achieve trusted advisor status. As a senior member of the Corporate Services Management team they will be a leadership role model and will actively engage with members of the wider Divisional team, at all levels, ensuring employees understand how they are contributing to the delivery of the business strategy and their role in managing and minimising risk, as well as the future direction of the business.
Roles and responsibilities:
Service Delivery Management
- Local oversight of the Service Delivery line in support of the Bank's business operations, ensuring services are delivered effectively and operational platforms are maintained to the highest standard, with minimal risk to the Bank's business operations.
- Actively participates in the development of short, medium and long term plans for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of service delivery that will generate a significant, positive impact on the business unit's profitability/cost containment objectives and strategic direction.
- Drives the implementation of the service delivery platform, including development of new solutions, processes, policies and organisational structures/models, ensuring stability of existing operations at all times.
- Drives the implementation of innovative business change solutions, including Divisional and DB-wide initiatives. Plays an active role in new product/service development, process and performance improvement initiatives, to deliver industrialised solutions and client optionality.
- Actively manages operational performance against agreed financial and non-financial targets for assigned products/services, including benefit of investment initiatives.
- Actively drives the development and benchmarking of world-class operational standards and ensures their implementation as appropriate.
Produces and manages performance measures against agreed metrics to demonstrate:
- Satisfactory service delivery
- Performance against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Delivery of Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Key Risk Indicators (KRIs)
- Variance reports demonstrating well managed costs against budget
- Client satisfaction feedback
- Timely submissions that provide clients, colleagues and partner functions with regular and ad hoc Management Information (MI), analysis and insight to drive new thinking, development and implementation of interventions to address changing business needs and reflect market trends.
- Promotes programmes and services that are produced in a cost-effective manner, employing economy while maintaining an acceptable level of quality consistent with DB Global standards.
- Accountable for the local fiscal activities including budgeting, forecasting, savings, expenditure strategies, reporting and audits.
- Actively participates with the Regional Service Coordinator in consultation with the Global Facility Services Delivery co-ordinator for Global fiscal activities.
- Participates actively in identifying and cultivating savings opportunities.
- Creates an environment where people management and development is the number one priority. Empowers, manages, coaches and mentors direct reports and others in the organisation.
- Actively communicates and cascades the business strategy, plans and values at all levels in the organisation driving a high performance culture, enabling effective navigation of the organisation, and supporting efficient decision making.
- Drives the achievement of high performance through effective career management of direct reports, providing equitable opportunities, supporting succession planning and talent management processes to ensure continuous development of people capability and delivery of results.
- Acts as a management role model, communicating SMART business driven objectives at the beginning of the year, ensuring every team member has regular, continuous and constructive performance reviews, encouraging career development, nurturing talent and fostering diversity.
- Proactively manages tough people decisions to ensure people performance is aligned with organisation imperatives and needs. Addresses individual performance issues, where necessary, to drive for high performance.
- Develops and fosters strong, productive working relationships with clients at a senior level. Builds and maintains a robust understanding of the client's business strategy, key drivers and current issues to inform the development of product/service implementation strategies that will meet client needs, and which reflect external market trends, competition considerations, macro-economic factors and DB strategic direction.
- Develops and fosters strong, productive working relationships with strategic partners and local vendors at a senior level. Builds and maintains an understanding of the vendor's business strategy, key drivers and current issues to support close collaboration on product/service implementation strategies that will meet client needs, and which reflect external market trends, competition considerations, macro-economic factors and the Bank's strategic direction.
- Builds and maintains diverse, productive relationships inside and outside the Bank, with partner functions and external partners. Acts as, or ensures representation on internal decision making forums and external Industry steering groups, ensuring the voice of the Division/Bank is heard and influences change in line with organisational strategy.
- Collaborates with colleagues and influences activities to achieve positive outcomes in the interests of the wider business.
- Collaborates with Business Partner, Standards and ORM and Portfolio Performance colleagues to perform product/service-based performance audits and/or control reviews, including performance of strategic partners and local vendors. Works with the wider team to drive out continuous improvement initiatives that deliver both incremental and step change in performance.
- Highlights operational, regulatory and other risks to the Country Services Delivery Co-ordinator. Takes ownership for operational resolution and reflects the needs of clients in the prioritisation of immediate and longer term remediation strategies. Works closely with Regional Facilities Management, Global Facility Services Delivery Coordinators, and Business Partners to ensure open, clear communication channels with clients at all times.
Vendor Contract Management
- Ensures strategic partners and local vendor's quality of practice meets contractual requirements.
- Actively manages problems and incidents that ensure service partners meet or exceed client expectations.
HSE, Sustainability and Environmental
- Drives Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives, promoting a culture of sustainability in the workplace.
- Commitment to compliance with health and safety policies and procedures to maintain a positive, healthy, and safe workplace.
- Appreciating the strengths, insights and ideas of all individuals and advocating for the value of diversity.
Skills and qualification:
General and Professional Qualifications
- Educated to degree level or higher (or equivalent) from an accredited college or university (or equivalent)
- Facilities Management qualification or equivalent
- Occupational Safety and Health qualification
- Purchasing and Supply qualification or equivalent
- Experience and/or working knowledge of International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO), ANSI standards or similar
Skills and Technical Competencies
Business awareness and experience
- Proven experience in similar senior FM role which includes working knowledge and experience of facilities services such as but not limited to the following:
- Facility Managers
- CRES owned Security
- Moves Adds and Changes ( MAC)
- Health and Safety delivery management at a building level
- Strategic occupancy planning (this is performed by a separate team in the Americas)
- Space data management (Managing Manhattan)
- Building and Fabric Maintenance/general building maintenance (excludes engineering but includes painting carpentry, locksmith, carpeting)
- Tier 1 Help Desk managemen
- Pest control
- Waste Management (including RECYCLING)
- Non-infrastructure asset management (non –engineering – includes spare furniture, carpet…etc.)
- Grounds maintenance/landscaping/plant maintenance
- Signage (office signs….etc.)
- Budgets for our portfolio (FCP and operations budget)
- Confidential waste management and shredding (shredding bins…etc.)
- Proven project management skills
- Property management experience
- Experienced in undertaking all duties and responsibilities in compliance with the rules and regulations encompassing Equal Opportunities, diversity, sustainability etc.
- Knowledge of, and how to develop and implement procurement systems, contracts, asset registers, including managing bids and offers and price-quality relationship
- Working knowledge of proof reading and approving contracts and tender documents. As well as compilation and/or drafting/preparation of the same.
- Experienced in providing Business Continuity Disaster Recovery
- Excellent interpersonal skills in relationship building and relationship management.As well as the ability to deal with, and facilitate decision making with a wide range of people.
- Experience of working in cross-functional teams and managing teams to achieve objectives, including goals agreed service providers.
- Experienced leadership skills, with the ability of communicating a vision or goal to others and lead them to achieving it. As well as pushes for action and results, and wins the support and help of others
- Excellent oral, written and listening communication skills. Ability to be clear, concise and focused, being able to tailor the message for the audience.
- Exhibits diversity / cultural sensitivity.
- Proven ability to manage, and how to compile and implement budgets, forecasts including cost savings reports, and tender financials.
- Working knowledge of proof reading and approving budgets, forecasts, savings reports and tender financial information.
- Ability to prepare financial and operational feasibility / case studies on products / services within your remit