COO - Technology Service Analyst - Associate
Operations provides support for all of Deutsche Bank's businesses to enable them to deliver transactions and processes to clients. Our people work in established global financial centres such as London, New York, Frankfurt and Singapore, as well as specialist development and service centres in locations including Bucharest, Moscow, Pune, Dublin and Cary. We process payments in excess of a trillion euros across the bank's platforms, support thousands of trading desks and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day.
A dynamic and diverse division, our objective is to make sure that all our services are executed in a timely and professional manner, that risk is minimised and that the client experience is positive. We are proud of the professionalism of our people, and the work they do. In return, we offer excellent career development opportunities to foster skills and talent. Position Overview Overview:
RCA (Regulatory, Compliance, AFC)Production team within Deutsche Bank is responsible for providing technical application support for applications across several lines of business utilizing a follow the sun support model. The Compliance line of business currently has a portfolio of 23 applications. Roles and Responsibilities:
Skills & Experience:
- Provide hands on technical support and post-mortem root cause analysis using ITIL standards of Incident Management, Service Request fulfillment, Change Management, Knowledge Management, and Problem Management.
- Build up technical subject matter expertise on the applications being supported including business flows, application architecture, and hardware configuration. Maintain documentation, knowledge articles, and runbooks.
- Conduct real time monitoring to ensure application SLAs are achieved and maximum application availability (up time) using an array of monitoring tools.
- Assist in the process to approve application code releases as well as tasks assigned to support to perform. Keep key stakeholders informed using communication templates.
- Build and maintain effective and productive relationships with the stakeholders in business, development, infrastructure, and third party systems / data providers & vendors.
- Approach support with a proactive attitude, desire to seek root cause, in-depth analysis, and strive to reduce inefficiencies and manual efforts.
- 1.5+ to 5 years of experience for an associate providing hands on IT support or development and interacting with application end users.
Experience in an investment bank, financial institution or large corporation using enterprise hardware and software.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Computer Science or IT-related discipline (or equivalent work experience/diploma/certification).
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience and with executive levels, and good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Working understanding of ITIL / best practices for supporting a production environment
- Preferred: ITIL v3 foundation certification or higher.
- Ability to work across countries, regions, and time zones with a broad range of cultures and technical capability.
- We are looking for candidates with the following technical competencies:
- Oracle query creation, execution, and efficient usage of SQL Developer or similar (i.e. Toad)
- Control-M enterprise scheduling or equivalent scheduling tool for batch runs.
- Red Hat Linux – searching logs, process commands, start/stop processes, use of OS commands to aid in tasks needed to resolve or investigate issues. Shell scripting knowledge is must.
- Understanding of Java (J2SE), J2EE technology is a plus.
- Knowledge of Actimize, Mantas, and case management software is good to have.
- Usage of the ITRS Geneos monitoring tool. Ability to create alerting is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Big Data – Hadoop/Secure Data Lake is a plus.
- Prior experience in automation projects is great to have.
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Deutsche Bank does not accept unsolicited curriculum vitae from third party vendors.