- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Tradeweb LLC
- 23 Apr 19
Location: Hong Kong
Reports to: Head of Corporate Development, Europe and Asia
About the Company:
Tradeweb is a leading, multi-asset class, electronic trading venue for fixed income, derivatives and ETFs. Tradeweb offers institutional, wholesale and retail market participants unparalleled liquidity, cutting-edge technology and a broad range of data solutions that deliver better price discovery, order execution and trade workflows. The company serves more than 2,000 clients including banks, mutual funds, hedge funds, pension funds, insurance companies, central banks, corporates, inter-dealer brokers, brokers, financial advisors and registered investment advisors in over 50 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia. Tradeweb operates trading platforms in more than 25 products including government bonds, mortgages, corporate bonds, municipal bonds, interest rate swaps, credit defaults swaps rates, repurchase agreements and equity derivatives. In an average trading day, Tradeweb facilitates more than $525 billion in notional value traded.
About the Team
The Corporate Development team at Tradeweb is split across New York, London and with this new role, Hong Kong. The team supports the company's various businesses in identifying and executing upon various growth opportunities, both organic and inorganic. We work in a highly integrated manner with senior business leadership to source and execute acquisitions and partnerships, drive new business development, and advise and assist product and sales on business and market strategy.
The primary focus of this role will be to search for ways for Tradeweb to leverage and enhance our current market position by:
The right individual will have a thorough understanding of market structure across financial markets & the e-commerce market landscape. This will be combined with the experience of taking a project from a nascent idea, through a complete financial analysis, to implementation.
While the role will be focused across global initiatives, it is expected for this person to have an emphasis on Asia focused projects
- Minimum 5 years' experience in banking, business / eCommerce Strategy, or Sales & Trading Corporate Development
- Strong Fixed Income & Derivative product & market knowledge
- Solid understanding of sales & trading set up
- Experience in Asia (Mandarin speaking not essential but a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in and be comfortable with a fast paced, fluid environment
- Existing network of market contacts across Trading, Sales, eCommerce, Strategic Investments, etc.
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong Presentation / communication skills - Ability to present at a senior level both internally & externally in both written & oral form
- High proficiency in power point, word & excel
- Basic level of understanding in corporate valuation& financial modeling
- Team oriented though able to work independently - self starter
- Native or fluent in mandarin