At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
Lead the payable function by solving complicated payment related issues and assist the daily payment process for a smooth operation. Key stakeholder of company-wide payment projects Job Responsibilities:
Lead daily payment functions including:
- Validate the payment request in the company payment platform
- Ensure all payment approval are sought
- Communicate with payment requestors on some complicated payment requests
- Ensure all the payment execution action are performed timely
- Answer and resolve individual payment issue
- Monitor intercompany payments
Actively participate in payment projects including:
- Spell out users' requirement
- Work with project team on overall project timeline, resolving key issues, select the most appropriate solutions
- Ensure all related governance requirements are met
- Liaise with external service providers of pricing, service scope and contract matters
Review month-end expense/ payable journals and related breakdown/ supportings (including bank reconciliation)
Ensure all accounting journals are booked timely, accurately and completely
Ad-hoc task including:
- Discuss audit issues with internal/ external auditors
- Resolve ad-hoc payment platform issues
- Liaise with external service providers on any ad-hoc issues and provide solutions
- Possess high level of integrity, work ethics and good moral values.
- Good business acumen.
- Able to establish, influence and maintain collaborative partnerships and engage in effective negotiations with a broad range of parties.
- Work closely with diverse range of suppliers and possess knowledge of their capabilities, quality of supply, turnaround time and price competitiveness.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Access and Word), experience using SUN and Oracle accounts.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills; fluent in spoken English and Chinese.
- Willingness to challenge status quo.
- Able to work independently and under tight deadlines.