• Review and decision sanctions screening escalation arising from counterparty, security issuers, vendors and various stages of the KYC process, including during client on-boarding and periodic reviews.
• Conduct risk assessment for screening result(s) on sanctions and other relevant lists related to hits triggered from client screening.
• Undertake detailed research of client profile from internal and external sources to make informed decisions to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements and bank policies.
• Provide support and guidance to line of business referring potential sanctions issues.
• Support day-to-day operational tasks including the production of monthly management reports.
• Support any ad-hoc and special projects.
• Self-motivated and independent with good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Attentive to details, compliance and control oriented.
• Strong analytical ability to identify and escalate sanctions issues in the appropriate manner to the required escalation point.