Head of Off Market Rate Checking, APAC - Global Banking and Markets
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
HSBC Global Banking and Markets is an emerging markets-led, financing-focused business that provides investment and financial solutions. Through our international network, we connect emerging and mature markets, covering key growth areas. We partner with our corporate, government and institutional clients to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance. Our products and services include advisory, financing, prime services, research and analysis, securities services, trading and sales and transaction banking.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Head of Off Market Rate Checking, APAC
. Principal responsibilities
- Coordinate and lead the Off Market Rate Checking process in APAC from a strategic and operational perspective
- Represent the function and face off to the business on pricing
- Manage the relationships with the Front Office trading desks, Product Control, Operation and Trade Surveillance to ensure OMRC is an effectively run control that provides value add to all stakeholders
- Drive and support the implementation and oversight of operational risk policy and governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance
- Support the skill development needs of the OMRC India team, where appropriate, in order to deliver appropriate and sustainable outcomes for stakeholders
- Represent the function in challenging the Markets business with regards to both, management of specific and overall operational risks
- Provide input into the review of the OMRC team performance
- Work with Global OMRC team to drive Global consistency
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Advanced knowledge in various instrument pricing and business lines, with a preference for experience in the valuation and management of Fixed Income and Equities products
- Previous experience managing an operational process in an independent but collaborative manner
- Clear understanding of the regulatory environment and requirements around pricing monitoring
- Investigative mindset with the tenacity and initiative to solve complex problems
- Product Control such as OMRC or IPV experience would be an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to form effective relationships and influence other team members in the organization
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. #LI-MH1