MassMutual is creating an insurTech SaaS provider that is building a suite of product platforms that insurance carriers can use to provide a fully digital experience to their customers. We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 150 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
MassMutual is creating an insurTech SaaS provider that is building a suite of product platforms that insurance carriers can use to provide a fully digital experience to their customers.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 150 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Our diverse team is composed of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in the heart of Hong Kong and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks.
If you're innovative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
We are seeking a detail oriented person to join our dynamic team. As Head of Product, you will lead a team of product managers and product designers, and work across the organization to plan, coordinate and manage all product management activities in a highly Agile and fast moving environment.
In this role you will partner with your colleagues from sales, professional services, engineering, cybersecurity, data science, and senior management to:
- Lead the Product Management team and function with an aim to develop talent and build market leading insurtech products
- Plan and manage the entire product portfolio
- Create product strategies and roadmaps aligning with the company’s vision to become a market leader in Insurtech solutions within Asia.
- Successfully execute on product strategies and roadmaps in a timely manner
- Ensure consistent, transparent, and measurable processes for managing, prioritizing, and tracking product requests sourced from:
- Product roadmaps
- Client-specific needs raised by Sales and Professional Services Long term architectural and platform evolution (e.g. tech debt)
- Operations, infrastructure, and cybersecurity
- Lead design thinking and help develop best practices in product design
- Develop strategic partnerships and lead contract negotiations
- Provide thought leadership by engaging in business development activities such as industry conferences, Fintech Association of HK events, and other forums
- Conduct and support client sales presentations and demos
- Nurture and develop talent within the organization with a goal to:
- inspire the product and design teams to achieve high performance, while following due processes
- Develop the next generation of product and design leadership
These are essential to success in this role:
- BA / BS, Master’s degree in engineering / MBA preferred
- 10+ years of successful experience managing products in Insurance / InsurTech / Technology
- 6+ years of proven leadership experience in managing teams across Asia
- Great people skills paired with a high level of assertiveness and ability to directly engage with clients
- Work collaboratively with others and effectively communicate analysis, solutions, limits, and options to technical and nontechnical audiences
- Ability to balance multiple assignments effectively
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong analytical skills, strategic thinking and communication skills
- Ability to visualize high-level business processes & problems, perform detailed analysis, and break them down into discrete pieces of work
- In depth knowledge of the SaaS market and InsurTech landscape
- In depth knowledge of design thinking and product design
- Comfortable expressing and defending points of view while respecting those of others
- English fluency is required with multilingual capabilities a plus
- Experience working with Life & Health insurance
- Experience working with a software development team
- Willingness to travel as needed
We pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and MPF with additional employer voluntary contributions.