As a Unit Head, you need to courageously influence a large group of employees. As well as creating a clear vision for the department you are responsible for, you must be able to articulate that vision, passionately own it and relentlessly drive it to completion. You must inspire dedication in others by example and have the ability to think differently and creatively. You must also be able to collaborate with other department heads to create success collectively as an organization.
The Unit Head is responsible for the effective management of the unit including staff management, development and execution of departmental and organizational strategy. There is an increased level of accountability in this role for results in the areas of employee, strategy risk management and cost. Core Responsibilities
- Formulate a departmental strategy that creates and leverages business opportunities
- Manage service expectations and maintain effective working relationships with clients both externally and internally
Knowledge and Experience
- Drive execution of internal initiatives relating to strategy and create a sense of urgency and empowerment around completion. Drive accountability for results.
- Develop timely and innovative solutions to meet clients' needs, including system enhancements. Oversee and initiate new technologies and advancement to further drive down operational costs whilst enhancing the services to clients.
- Provide strong representation for TA on industry wide boards and committees contributing to industry related topics on behalf of the State Street group.
- Support TA product rollout and support TA Product team in RFP TA sales activities where required.
- Ensure full compliance with the corporate Risk Policy, Standard Operating Procedures, relevant legislation and regulatory requirements (adherence to AML/CTF rules/policies/proficient in CRS/FATCA implications to investors).
- Create an environment that attracts, engages and retains industry leading talent. Ensure the Transfer Agency department is fully resourced,
- Maintain a holistic view of the department and ensure consistency across each of the teams
- Drive and lead a message of optimism, enthusiasm, positivity and change for the better. Manage the design and implementation of new business transfers and registry operational strategy
- Manage budget and expenses requirements for the unit.
Key Performance Indicator
- Degree in Finance and/or Business Related area and relevant working experience.
- 12-15 years Fund Administration experience (preferable 10 years with Transfer Agency in all disciplines (NAV/TA).
- Professional Qualification in Accountancy desirable.
- Significant Client Relationship Management is essential for this role.
- Strong working knowledge of implementing a control environment.
- Strong working knowledge of industry including regulations, AML clients etc.
- Significant change management experience.
- Strong Project Management skills, experience in large transitions or large clients take on.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications in particular Excel.
- Define the team structure required to service the clients and implement
- Demonstrate accountability for the output of the Unit
- Active participation in defining the operating model plan
- Be seen as a leader in pursuing initiatives and managing the change process
- Effectively manage headcount numbers
- Unit meetings every week.
- Ensure effective communication cascade through weekly management and team meetings
- Ensure recognition of success when goals are achieved
- Ensure succession planning by actively participating in talent assessments and development planning for each role
- Cost of claims for the current year not to exceed cost for the prior year
- Monitor MIS and incident reporting requirements
- Ensure Unit Registry policies and guidelines are updated and all staff are familiar with their use.
- Improve the level of engagement and interaction with the Risk Management team.
- Ensure Operating Expenses do not exceed forecast Full Year Direct Expense
- Participate in all client new business initiatives as requested