L2 Support Analyst
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
To provide application production support for worldwide Supply Chain and Trade Finance applications within Asia Pacific by being part of a dynamic team who is responsible in supporting a full range of applications and to ensure a stable and resilient production environment for the business and operations.
• Be a team member of L2 Production support team located across Hong Kong, Singapore and India to ensure 24 * 7 worldwide production support
• Provide worldwide application production support for Supply Chain and regional support for Trade Finance systems within Asia Pacific
• Response to user requests, incidents and problems in a timely manner
• Ensure issues are reported, tracked, followed up and escalated timely
• Resolve or coordinate the resolution of issues with other internal teams and / or the vendor.
• Communicate and provide status updates on issues to business users, management team and other stakeholders
• Set up preventive system monitoring and alerting
• Support change management process and application releases
• Support Disaster Recovery Test and Business Continuity activities
• Document operation procedures, contribute to knowledgebase and cross train other team members and built up functional and technical expertise four our global /regional applications.
• Coordinate and follow up with Project team to ensure permanent fix is prioritized and planned.
• Analyze and challenge existing support processes to achieve continuous improvement
• Support end-of-day and end-of-month overnight batches if any
• Perform and coordinate regular maintenance activities
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
• Good functional knowledge on Supply Chain and Trade Finance flow (Front to Back ) is significant advantage
• Experience with release and patch deployment , hands on experience of IBM WebSphere or Tibco deployment is advantage
• Knowledge with web based technology and Unix server infrastructure
• Knowledge of PL/SQL
• Possess good analytical skill and self-motivated
• Ability to develop support tools/scripts as required
• Database performance & SQL tuning experience is a plus
• Good technical troubleshooting and debugging skills and familiar with Unix commands
Specific Qualifications Required
The candidate should demonstrate a combination of technical and functional skills together will excellent communication and interpersonal skills. He/she must have a genuine willingness to work in a role where the operation of availability- & time-critical systems is routine.
Successful candidate will be required to work in shift and weekend/Public Holiday Rotation. An understanding that occasionally after hours response to problems will be required. Periodic "on-call" cycles are likely.
The following knowledge and experience are required:
• A background in banking and experience in Supply Chain and Trade Finance systems is a must
• Proven track record in maintenance & support of Supply Chain and Trade Finance critical applications
• Good understanding of Supply Chain and Trade Finance operational activities
• Good understanding of change, incident & problem management methodologies
• Good understanding of Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, IT Risk and Security
• Strong team player