Manager - Mergers and Acquisitions - Strategy & Operations - Consulting
About Deloitte China
Our professionals at Deloitte China provide a full range of audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk management and tax services, and work closely within Greater China, across Asia-Pacific and around the world to provide clients of every size with local experience and international expertise. We have considerable experience in China and are one of the leading professional services providers in this marketplace.
The Deloitte purpose
is about making an impact that matters to our clients. Our extensive service spectrum enables us to help clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. Deloitte is committed to investing in our people and empowers them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
To learn more about how Deloitte makes an impact that matters in the China marketplace, please connect with our Deloitte China social media platforms via www2.deloitte.com/cn/en/social-media .
Deloitte Consulting is the world's largest management consulting practice. In China we are one of the top consulting firms. Our team comprises around 1,600 bilingual consulting talents located in eight cities in China including Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Cheng Du, Chong Qing and Harbin. In global, we have over 44,000 professionals spreading in over 100 countries/locations. Deloitte Consulting is ranked No.1 in global consulting marketplace by revenue by Kennedy, a leading publisher of consulting marketplace analysis products. In China, Deloitte Consulting is ranked as one of the top 3 consulting service providers by Gartner, a global leading IT research and advisory company. Deloitte consulting is awarded as "the Best HR Consulting Firm".
Work you'll do:
- Develop world class M&A strategies that create sustainable value; leverage knowledge of corporate and growth strategies, digital strategies, and innovation to advise clients on their inorganic and organic growth.
- Enable clients to make the choices in terms of 'where to play' and 'how to win' to define their business strategy
- Objectively evaluate organic and inorganic routes (build, buy, partner) to execute business strategy based on facts, robust analysis and reasoning
- Identify and solve problems objectively using proven quantitative and qualitative analysis methods, data analytics and modelling
- Incorporate financial information when evaluating business opportunities and making recommendations
- Apply financial knowledge, and modelling skills to inform strategic and operational decisions to produce value out of the deal
- Work with broader Deloitte team and provide support to client's management in strategizing the deal and define deal synergies
- Support and manage M&A projects including JV strategy, merger integration, carve-out transactions, and post deal value creation
- Conduct operational due diligence to identify dependencies, stranded and separation costs, transition service requirements
- Plan and execute projects to deliver a superior client experience by collaborating with cross-functional, cross-country Deloitte and client teams
- Develop relationships, establish credibility with and instill confidence in clients
- Articulate how digital / technology enables and differentiates the business and communicate this effectively to clients
Your role as a leader:
- Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, align people to objectives and set priorities and direction
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Own and deliver on client and project commitments; provide clear guidance to the project team, develop hypothesis, analysis and recommendation development
- Maintain communication with client teams, Deloitte leadership and project team to ensure timely dissemination of information and insights
- Deliver exceptional client service; maximize results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Support business development activities including sales pursuits, proposal development, and development of client relationship networks
- Develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Master degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering or related major, preferable MBA from a top-tier institution
- Minimum 6 years of management consulting, transaction and/or commercial experience with focus on Strategy, M&A, Innovation and/or Business Model Transformation
- Highly motivated and entrepreneurial minded with keen interest in business strategy, M&A, problem solving, structural analysis and communication
- Solid experience in strategy and project delivery; having successfully managed or led complex, multi-function/multi-stakeholder projects in a large corporate environment
- Passion for and knowledge of FinTech, Digital Ecosystems, New Retail and/or other emerging innovation trends
- Functional domain experience in Finance, IT and/or Operations is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with high commitment to quality client service
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to motivate and lead a team with enthusiasm, drive and effectiveness
- Outgoing character. Strong sense in business development is required. Proven track record in business development activities is a definite advantage
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese, fluency in Putonghua is mandatory
Deloitte China refers to Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Macau, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Certified Public Accountants LLP in the Chinese Mainland and their respective affiliates practising in Hong Kong, Macau and the Chinese Mainland.
Requisition code: CN168394