In KPMG's Advisory practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both. Our team in Hong Kong and in China is a young and enthusiastic team that always pushes itself to succeed. Since our creation, we have developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors and services. Banking Advisory is a core service area for KPMG China and we are looking for a Manager to join our Financial Risk Management practice.
KPMG's Financial Risk Management (FRM) team advises clients on the development and implementation of risk management policies, systems and controls. Working with professionals from KPMG International and local network we offer a broad range of financial risk management services to help international banks, insurance companies, asset managers, and corporate and public clients identify, assess, manage, report, and limit the risks they face.
Our scope of the work covers the full spectrum of financial risks, such as credit risk, market risk, operational risk and liquidity risk; economic capital, capital management, stress testing, risk modelling and validation; regulatory compliance issues; ESG and Asset and Liability Management. Clients include local and foreign financial institutions, and there is a strong focus on financial institutions in mainland China.
We currently have an outstanding opportunity in Hong Kong to provide experience and to help our expanding FRM team further develop its leading market position in the area of financial services advisory. Responsibilities
- Manage the execution of FRM Market/Credit Risk/ESG/ALM engagements to ensure quality service is delivered
- Develop and maintain productive client relationships, maximising business opportunities
- Supervise a growing specialist team and contribute to the career development of team members
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of risk management practices, both locally and internationally.
- Build strong internal relationships within Advisory practice and across other services.
- Around 5 - 7 years' experience in professional services advisory, quantitative risks, international banking, insurance or a blue chip company with demonstrable experience in financial risk management
- Possess in-depth of knowledge in either of the areas below:
- Financial Risk Management or financial risk controls and processes within Banking or Securities firms
- Quantitative skill set for the construction, validation and implementation of financial risk models, such as:
- derivatives, structured products and pricing models in either FX or interest rates,
- stochastic calculus,
- market risk, credit risk and/or climate risk stress testing,
- PD%, LGD, EAD or development of expert judgment scorecards
- Capital treatments for banking/trading book and interest rate related instruments, currency and commodities, and equity in the trading book under the Basel (CBIRC or HKMA) definitions
- Understanding of VaR analysis and related control processes and policies
- Technical understanding of structured financial instruments, OTC products and their risk profiles (asset class can be Prime and/or Credit Products, FI and Equity Derivatives, and/or Rates/FX)
- Knowledge of advanced approaches for Credit/Market Risk (IMA) including backtesting, FIRB and/or AIRB
- IFRS 9 Impairments and Expected Credit Loss Modelling
- ESG framework, including understanding of regulatory expectations, and risk assessment methodologies covering impacts to strategy, risk appetite and limits, business and risk processes and controls.
- Asset and Liability Management
- Experience with SAS, Python, C++, R or Mat-Lab is a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to gain the confidence and respect of senior executives
- Strong planning and organizing skills, with the ability to work effectively under pressure managing multiple/large scale projects or project deliverables
- Excellent analytical skills coupled with a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Fluent in both English with excellent business and technical writing and presentation skills. Proficiency in Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese) is a strong advantage
- Degree holder in Statistics, Risk Management, Accounting/Financial and Actuarial Engineering/Business Mathematics or any other business-related discipline
- HKICPA, CFA or FRM Designation preferable
- Candidates with lesser experience will be considered for a Senior Consultant role