- To help Head of Money Market formulate strategies and actions to manage bank’s interest rate and currency mismatches
- Manage the banking book to ensure sufficient funding in all currencies, including the cash and short day positions.
- Manage the interest rate risk, liquidity risk and currency mismatch in the banking book.
- Execute interbank lending/borrowing and FX swap transactions in accordance to the bank’s asset-liability position.
- Ensure all key risk indicators are in compliance with internal limits and regulatory requirements and advise strategies to maximize profit within risk framework.
- Lead in the money market related projects and new initiatives and participate in ad hoc assignments as required.
- Provide market information and advice to other business units.
- Bachelor degree or above preferably with major in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related disciplines
- Minimum 5 years’ related experience in money market dealing
- ECF-TM qualification is preferable.
- Thorough knowledge of business practice and principles and in-depth understanding of money market dealing
- Good sense of risk management
- Be able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Proficient in MS Office/ Excel/ Word/Power point and Bloomberg or Reuters
- Self-motivated with strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, including Mandarin
- Candidates with more experience will be considered as senior trader role.