- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Network Engineer Specialist
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Network Engineer SpecialistAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
• Report to Network Project Delivery - Data / Security lead
• Responsible for end to end quality delivery of assigned network project ensuring adherence to Network engineering standard and the subsequent handover to Operation team.
• Responsible to provide consistent and on time update on assigned network project task in coordination with network project lead, overall project PM and application support team
• Responsible to resolve issues related to assigned network project in all project life cycle (initiation, build, migration and handover)
• Responsible to provide support required in resolving issues/risk and dependency of assigned project in coordination with other stakeholders for both technical and nontechnical issue
• Ensures assigned network project tasks are delivered on time, on budget against agreed scope
• Responsible to highlight and provide resolution to risk and issues related to assigned network project
• Responsible to ensure projects solution are in line with approved standard and meets the required outcome from stakeholder.
• Provide consultancy and advisory services to business, system developer and technology stakeholders for any matter related to assigned project working together with engineering team and project lead.
• Escalation point for all matter relating to assigned project in all phases of the project
• Delivers high quality solutions for the bank on both internal & external connectivity requirements.
• Interfacing with engineering and stakeholder team balancing conformance to engineering standard against project requirement.
• Develop a center of excellence within Network Design and Delivery function
• Develop influential and trustworthy working relationships with other technology and business peers to achieve performance objectives. This should be aimed at improving team efficiency in performing their work.
• Value - add to various technology streams by timely and proper engagement and recommending appropriate solutions.
• Develops relationships with IT vendors and partners for the benefit of the bank and business.
• Undertake continuous improvement for the current Network Infrastructure
Our Ideal Candidate
• Preferably possess a valid Expert level in Cisco and Juniper product on both data and security track such as, CCIE or JNCIE certification
• Strong knowledge in Cisco ACI technology such as multi-pod, EPG, contract, L3Out, etc
• Strong knowledge in Routing and Switching technology such as BGP, OSPF, VPC, VXLAN, DMVPN, Multicast, Wireless, RSTP, MSTP
• Strong knowledge in Network Security technology and product such as firewall, load balancer, proxies, WLC and VPN across different vendors
• Knowledge in WAN technology such as MPLS, Ethernet WAN, PBB
• Strong knowledge on routing and switching products across different product vendors
• Minimum 10-year practical experience in end to end management and execution of network project infrastructure deployment involving migration of application from one firewall technology to another preferably in banking environment.
• Working knowledge of: o Routers: Cisco ISR and Cisco ASR routers o Network switches: Cisco Catalyst/Nexus switches, Juniper EX Switches o Firewalls: Fortigate, Juniper SRX/NetScreen, Cisco ASA, Cisco Firepower o Web Proxy: Bluecoat o Load balancer: F5 LTM/GTM, Alteon, Cisco ACE and NetScaler o Banking application and middleware system o Load Balancers: F5, Alteon, Cisco ACE
• Working experience with Market Data systems such as Reuters, Bloomberg, EBS, ECN's and Exchange connectivity.
• Working experience on card and payment system such as Mastercard, visa, China Union Pay, ATM, NETS etc.
• Understanding of banking Internet business solutions such as online banking system
• Experience with terminal servers, Citrix, DNS, VPN's, proxies and encryption devices
• Significant practical experience in troubleshooting connectivity issues across firewall/Load Balancer or proxy
• Excellent communication and co-ordination skills within technology community.
• Excellent problem analysis and solving skill applying creativity, innovation and thinking out of the box approach when dealing with challenges.
• Able to work under high pressure in a challenging environment
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.