Project Manager (Enterprise Services and Middleware)
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Dah Sing Financial Group
- 19 Feb 19
You are responsible to develop and deploy appropriate and cost-effective IT solutions to support business and operational needs.
- Establishes project priorities, plans, budgets, and resources; monitors and adjusts priorities and resources accordingly. Assigns and coordinates systems and programming efforts; reviews and evaluates the results of these activities.
- Collaborates on project requirements, analyzes needs, prepares project feasibility studies, and identifies appropriate systems solutions that address business problems and opportunities.
- Develops activity plans, time and resource estimates; coordinates resources and activities of staff for each phase of the project, ensuring that systems changes and enhancements are carried out properly and on a timely basis.
- Controls and directs project activities; participates in system design; reviews and approves key milestones and deliverables; contributes to or develops systems plans to meet business needs. Studies all affected functions, analyzes existing procedures and alternatives, conceives and designs technical configurations and plans.
- Monitors status, prepares activity and progress reports, and identifies problems which may impact results; provides feedback on activity progress; coordinates all phases of system testing including stress test; oversees preparation of system documentation, training, and implementation of new/ modified systems.
- Conducts capacity planning with user periodically. Monitors the performance, accuracy, stability and reliability of the production systems and ensures data security on all production data. Raise to system users and IT Management any recommendations and issues that may compromise them.
- Conducts research and maintains a high level of expertise in systems software to ensure departmental operations and installations in user areas are of the highest quality.
- Prepares and reviews change requests; investigates, manages and resolves production problems.
- Manages external relationships with vendors and consultants.
- Acts as a leader in his/her responsible team, perform coaching & motivation of the team members. Sets goals, assigns, and directs staff activities.
To meet the challenge, you should have the following qualifications and attributes:
- University degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- Over 10 years related experience with 6 years in managerial role
- Solid experience in developing and managing enterprise service bus (ESB) applications
- Sound knowledge in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Experience in leading sizable IT projects
- Possess broad business knowledge, strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to communicate effectively in Chinese and English