Project Manager for Actuarial IFRS17 implementation
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Recruit Logic
- 20 Feb 19
Our client, an international insurance company is hiring a project manager for IFRS 17, regional office.
As part of the IFRS17 Project Management Office at the Regional Office, take part in project management, reporting and governance for the actuarial IFRS17 workstream. Manage regional or country projects. Coordinate project status reporting and monitor project progress and performance. Participate in process improvement work focusing on efficient flows and client satisfaction.
- Coordinate project status reporting. Prepare necessary management reporting that are focusing on actionable insights for management to drive actions to facilitate meeting of project objectives. Work closely with Finance, the Country PMO, and Project Sponsor to ensure project benefits and costs are clearly validated and documented in Business Case, and track the progress of benefits realization accordingly.
- Carry PMO governance activities including – provide advice on project deliverables from governance perspective, conduct project documentation Spot Check and involve in project Health Check, where necessary.
- Monitor key projects to ensure successful implementation of the agreed scope within schedule and budget. Monitor, report, and escalate issues and risks appropriately.
- Participate in the planning and execution of strategic projects upon management request.
- Maintain proper documentation of project information and deliverables for PMO, including capturing all qualifying projects in Project Inventory with updated information, and maintaining the PMO directory with relevant project information and deliverables.
- Ensure that necessary management reporting, communication and training programs are developed / conducted. Escalate issues and risks appropriately.
- Identify opportunities and champion proposals for improvement (process analysis, business case)
- Design efficient and effective process solutions (value streams, workflow, metrics, etc.)
- Manage the controlled deployment of process and operational changes (pilots, change control, minimize go-live risks, etc.)
- Conduct Kaizen events and facilitate problem solving sessions with partner teams
- Deliver training sessions and provide coaching to partner teams
Skills & Knowledge
- Familiarity of running business and/or IT projects within the financial services industry, and preferably within the insurance industry. Exposure to regional projects is a plus.
- Project Management / Change Management skills and experiences.
- Good knowledge of functions of Project Management Office, including experiences in process definitions.
- Sensitive to team dynamics.
- Communication skills, both orally and written, that create a positive impact with the ability to influence and direct people through structured dialogue. Ability to communicate across boundaries to project teams and stakeholders.
- Comfortable in dealing with issues / situations which might be nebulous, intangible, or unstructured.
- Organization skills with ability to adhere to and follow systems and processes.
- Ability to work under pressure with good time management skills. Ability to set priorities and work independently with minimal inputs from supervisor.
- Expert at managing workloads through task management, planning and organizing, and through systems and technology.
- Experience in computer programming (website maintenance).
- Operates with a strong understanding of the economics linking inputs to outputs and the value proposition of any work undertaken
- Builds context by pushing beyond "how things are done" to understand "why" and uncover the underlying principles shaping the business
- Optimizes operational productivity (eliminate waste, etc.) and management system effectiveness (value stream alignment, continuous improvement, etc.)
- Drives for change through a strong ability to influence business partners and execute ideas through to completion
Education and Experience
- Minimum bachelor’s degree and 6 to 10 years of relevant experience
- Industry recognized project management certification would be beneficial, but not compulsory when replaced with extensive experience (Prince 2 or PMI).
- Insurance based qualifications such as LOMA or CII also beneficial.
- Hands-on knowledge and training of Six Sigma, Lean, CMMI or other process improvement methodologies preferred
- Expert level knowledge of MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, and MS VISIO