- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Quality Engineer - Virtual Banking
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Quality Engineer - Virtual BankingAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
As one of the biggest banks in market, we are rapidly expanding by growing a new virtual banking business in Hong Kong. We see ourselves as a fast growing start-up company where you will enjoy autonomy and teamwork at the same time, solving new and exciting problems in a nimble and agile way. Join us and be part of history making for future banking experience!
The Role Responsibilities
Join us in building a virtual bank from scratch using cloud native technologies. We're a small but fast-growing team solving exciting problems and delivering high quality products in small, interdisciplinary teams. We're applying the learnings from Google, Twitter and Netflix to build the next generation of banking.
Collaborate closely with DevOps, front-end and back-end engineers to drive quality across mobile, web and back-end through test automation. Responsibilities include:
- Introducing and supporting test automation frameworks on each platform.
- Ensuring automated tests are a part of the continuous delivery pipeline.
- Working with DevOps to ensure test environments, data and utilities are available and fit for purpose.
- Helping cross-functional teams achieve speed and stability.
- Providing visibility of test metrics through dashboards and sprint reviews.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- A background in software development with a passion for quality and automation.
- A deep understanding of testing throughout the entire SDLC: unit, integration, end-to-end, acceptance, stress testing, performance testing, testing in production and so forth.
- Experience working in fast paced agile environments that deliver regular (2 weeks or less) releases into production.
- Ability to develop test tools and frameworks for web, mobile and back-end.
- Familiar with Git and branching strategies such as GitFlow and Trunk Based Development.
- Experience with REST and GraphQL APIs.
- Mobile test automation experience using frameworks such as Appium and Calabash.
- Experience with BDD frameworks such as Cucumber.
- Experience automating cross-browser and cross-device testing with cloud solutions such as Sauce Labs and Browser Stack.
- Experience with contract testing using tools such as Pact.
- Familiar with issue trackers such as Jira and test management tools such as Zephyr.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.