Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. HANG SENG INDEXES COMPANY LTD
Hang Seng Indexes Company Limited ('Hang Seng Indexes Company') manages and compiles the Hang Seng Family of Indexes, which cover stocks listed in Hong Kong and Mainland China. Our index series includes the Hang Seng Index, the Hang Seng China Enterprises Index and the Hang Seng TECH Index, as well as Stock Connect, Greater Bay Area and sector-related indexes. As at the end of 2019, assets under management in products passively tracking indexes in the Hang Seng Family of Indexes had reached a total of about US$38 billion.
Hang Seng Indexes Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hang Seng Bank. Our company is a team of professionals who strives for delivering quality, efficient and world-class index complier services to customers and financial institutions around the world.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Senior Business Transformation Manager. Principal responsibilities
- Lead a team to provide professional consultancy services to different stakeholders in the Company at different stages of the transformation cycle;
- Keep abreast on latest technology / best practices in index industry and proactively explore opportunity with stakeholders to transform current processes with efficiency and cost improvement;
- Partner with stakeholders to translate the Company's strategy into initiatives and requirements for implementation;
- Lead a team of project managers to manage a portfolio of programmes/ projects;
- Act as the programme lead of large-scale projects and motivate all stakeholders to achieve the programme goals;
- Actively monitor programme/ project scope and resources to meet the agreed schedule and budget;
- Proactively manage all the potential risks and issues on projects and recommend mitigating measures if required;
- Foster a high engagement team to deliver good quality outputs which exceed user expectations
- University graduate in Computer Science, Management Information System, Technology related discipline or other relevant qualifications;
- Minimum twelve years' working experience in large scale infrastructure operations, information and data technology, project management, preferably in financial institutions;
- Highly technical with a foundation preferably in infrastructure, system, network, data operations; and the ability to understand the overall enterprise technology;
- Ability to conceptualize technology vision, enabling innovation and understanding IT infrastructure trends that can create business value and reduce overall costs;
- Strong business consultancy experience, preferably gained from professional business consultancy firms;
- An innovative and strategic mindset with strong managerial, communications, analytical, problem-solving, planning and organizing skills;
- Ability to work independently, cope with pressures and meet tight deadlines;
- Knowledge of index industry and HK and China stock market will be an advantage;
- Experience in Agile project management is preferable;
- PMP/ Lean Six Sigma certification is an advantage;
- Familiar with HSBC Change Framework, Data Platform and Analytics would be an advantage;
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English and Chinese;
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
Candidates with less experience will be considered for the position of Business Transformation Manager.
If you would like to explore other opportunities at Hang Seng Hong Kong, please visit www.hangseng.com/careers/ for details.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.