Senior Consultant - Business Tax - Tax & Business Advisory Services
Deloitte China's professionals provide a full range of audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk management and tax services. We connect with the Deloitte Global network to provide clients of any size with local experience and international expertise. As one of the leading professional services providers, we have considerable experience in this marketplace.
The Deloitte purpose is about making an impact that matters to our clients, people and society. Our extensive spectrum of services enables us to help our clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. We are committed to investing in our people and empowering them to achieve more than they can elsewhere. Our advice is only as valuable as our actions and integrity. We believe that by strengthening our clients and society, we become stronger ourselves.
To learn more about how Deloitte makes an impact that matters in China, connect with the Deloitte China social media platforms at www2.deloitte.com/cn/en/social-media. Work you'll do:
- Assist project leadership in helping clients meet compliance obligations and statutory deadlines focusing on Hong Kong Business Tax
- Draft reports, identifies key issues/risks, and propose solutions for clients on tax planning and implementation strategies, including but not limited to, replying enquiries from the tax authority, applying for tax relief, applying for Hong Kong Certificate of Resident Status, etc.
- Prepare recommendations of tax administrative and appeal system and process and draft advice and solutions for clients
- Provide initial recommendations based on current tax legislation across the Tax & Legal function to engagement leadership
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of the key capabilities required to deliver a high quality service experience to the clients
- Handle the engagement acceptance procedures in according to the department's guidelines
- Provide appropriate coaching to junior staff from both the technical and career development perspectives
- Bachelor Degree or above, majored in tax, accounting, finance or law is preferred
- Professional accounting qualification or registered tax agent or lawyer is required (i.e. have passed the professional examination)
- Minimum 2 years of Hong Kong business tax experience in tax function with CPA firms (Big 4 experience is preferred), law firms, tax authorities or large corporation
- Have basic understanding on tax policies, rules and regulations, and have the initiative to conduct tax-related research when necessary
- Strong analytical and communication skills (both written and verbal) and highly commitment to quality client service
- Strong consultation skills, communication skills, self-initiation, teamwork spirit and willingness to work under pressure
- Be mature, proactive, committed, motivated with strong sense of teamwork
- Excellent project management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Mandarin Chinese, including both technical and business writing, documentation and presentation skills
- Excellent working knowledge in MS Office applications, especially Outlook and PowerPoint
- Willing to travel when required
Deloitte China refers to Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Macau, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Certified Public Accountants LLP in the Chinese Mainland and their respective affiliates practising in Hong Kong, Macau and the Chinese Mainland.
Requisition code: CN169272