Senior Developer - Client Orders, Wealth Management Technology
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 16 Feb 19
Job Reference # 187728BR
Are you a persistent and creative problem solver? Are you passionate about great technologies and building robust and scalable Java systems? Are you able to work collaboratively with a global team to achieve our goals? We are looking for a hands-on, highly experienced developer to:
– design and develop Java software components for Global Order Manager as defined by the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
- drive and review technical and architectural design of global solutions, enforcing architectural design guidelines and challenge status quo
– make sure produced code is secure, stable and operating efficiently
– meet the high expectations of clients through frequent release cycles of quality software
- provide your expertise and architectural assistance to other team members
- investigate and resolve production issues with RTB and global teams to help maintaining a stable production environment; remain cool and effective in a crisis
– work collaboratively and effectively in virtual teams across locations and organizational boundaries
You'll be working in the Hong Kong-based Client Orders APAC team, part of Global Order Manager team in Wealth Management IT. The Global Order Manager is the central order handling suite of applications for Securitized, Structured and Treasury Products for Wealth Management in EMEA and APAC, and is a core component of the One Wealth Management Platform globally.
– 12+ years of server-side application development experience in Java/JavaEE/Spring/Hibernate/Webservice, Oracle technologies
– hands-on experience in Java 8 and the new features
– solid Object-Oriented analysis and design skills, multi-threading and concurrency
– hands-on experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum
– exposure to Apache/Tomcat on UNIX/Linux environment with shell scripting
– proficient skills with tools used in software development lifecycle, such as IntelliJ IDEA or Eclipse, JIRA, GitHub, Maven, Teamcity, JIRA, etc.
– solid track record in prioritizing and executing tasks when under extreme pressure
– proven experience in software development for a financial service industry, preferably in a wealth management/private banking environment, is a plus
– an excellent communicator, with strong interpersonal skills
– passionate about system design and hands-on delivery work, and involving in production support
- top analytical, conceptual and troubleshooting abilities
- stay on the leading edge of development practices and technologies
– technically savvy with an appreciation for IT capability
– a self-motivated individual, able to deliver with minimal supervision, whilst working effectively in a team
– adaptable, able to work across teams, functions and locations
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.