Social Media Contractor: Bloomberg New Economy (3 Month Contract)
Bloomberg New Economy has several social accounts globally: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat, & Weibo. These accounts are multipurpose--they are meant to serve as marketing vehicles for the brand, driving awareness and promoting initiatives, but also serving editorial content distribution goals in English-speaking markets.
This person will need to build a follower and engagement strategy, curate and publish content across platforms, and provide coverage and support during the annual forum in Beijing. They will coordinate within the marketing and editorial social teams globally to build upon Bloomberg's existing social networks & assets. Marketing will direct and guide this person on overall strategy and engagement with team stakeholders (editorial, partner management, audience, PR/comms, etc.).
This person loves social media and its ability to capture a moment, amplify a story, and connect distant geographies. In this role, they'll have the chance to work both globally and locally--building customized strategies for target audiences (ex: China, emerging economies, C-suite English speaking leaders) that can be deployed at a large scale with maximum impact. This role will help drive the expansion of our brand worldwide. Primary Responsibilities:
You need to have:
- Daily management of Bloomberg New Economy social properties including WeChat, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, & Weibo. Curate Bloomberg editorial content, write original copy, & publish posts across platforms in English & Chinese languages.
- Work with marketing team to build and execute a plan to grow followers across social platforms globally. Social plans should support brand buzz building, forum livestream tune-in, and editorial content distribution goals. Extend buzz, headline coverage, and news from the forum post-event.
- Track & report on performance including impressions, reach, followers, and other engagement metrics. Review success of campaigns to build effective content. Coordinate and track any paid plans for maximum engagement & ROI.
- Coordinate with our local agency in China to translate & localize appropriate English-language content for Chinese-language markets.
- Collaborate with editorial social team and other BLP social account owners to coordinate efforts across accounts.
- Drive social conversation during the annual forum, working with Bloomberg teams, partners & vendors to create maximum amplification of forum coverage across global social platforms.
We'd love to see:
- Proficiency in WeChat, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, & Weibo
- Strong problem-solving, strategic and creative thinking, and decision-making ability
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
Experience with technologies and best practices for social media optimization and creative design across multiple platforms
Experience running Chinese social media accounts for a business or organization
Experience creating social media campaigns for target audiences or a large media brand
- Proficient in both English & Mandarin languages
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 1-2 years professional experience
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Experience covering events
If this sounds like you:Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.