As part of the Investment Technologies group, the Senior Principal Business Analyst will be a strategic partner in support of the effort to build an information management driven capability for the enterprise, empowering the firm to utilize applications, technology and data as a source of competitive advantage and enabling better and faster decision-making.
The role will lead or participate in activities that enable the assessment of capabilities, processes and key operational applications in order to identify opportunities and implement appropriate solutions that deliver measurable benefits. This will require liaising with stakeholders at various levels across the business to fully understand their business and needs, from vision and strategy to execution of operations.
- Business Analysis:
- Develop extensive knowledge of Real Estate’s strategy, organizational structure, capabilities and processes to fully understand the current and future needs of the business holistically.
- Operate across the business analysis value spectrum from strategy analysis, requirements analysis, solution definition and implementation to evaluation.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to maintain current capability analysis, which is in turn used to prioritize initiatives supporting the desired future state (in line with strategic goals and objectives).
- Partner with business stakeholders to establish the overall prioritization and execution of system needs and serve as liaison between the business, technology, and vendors.
- Develop thorough understanding of Invesco’s data flows and provide process and technology recommendations for improving efficiency or minimizing risk
- Project Management:
- Lead and manage the delivery of assigned projects from initiation to closure and review, including production and maintenance of required artefacts, such as project management plans and day-to-day project documents.
- Provide overall direction, planning, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of assigned projects ensuring that they meet stated business objectives, deliver the desired deliverables and outcomes, and support the realization of predicted benefits.
- Manage project performance and reporting to governance committees, special focus forums, key stakeholders and line management.
- Support the Real Estate business teams to develop policies, processes, and procedures for key operational applications to maintain their integrity and appropriate use.
- Chair governance committees and special focus forums in line with agreed terms of reference (purpose, responsibilities and accountability).
- Lead and coach project teams to ensure a common understanding regarding the business need and the value expected from initiatives, and consistent engagement.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have proven experience in a high-visibility corporate leadership role or at a management consulting firm.
- Be able to listen, build rapport, and credibility as a strategic partner vertically, as well as horizontally with functional leadership and teams.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Have the ability to work with global teams and with all levels in the organization.
- Be highly skilled and experienced at negotiating conflict and problem-solving.
- Be innately curious, with an expansive view of both emerging technologies and technology strategies.
Required Experience / Skills:
- BA or BS or equivalent experience is required; MA or MS is a plus
- 8 to 10 years’ experience working as a business analyst in the real estate or financial industry required
- Experience supporting real estate systems (such as Argus, Yardi, MRI, JDE, Timberline, etc.), preferred
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools (Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office products), required
- Experience working within MS BI stack, SQL querying tools, preferred
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum Methodology, preferred