Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Strategic Planning and Corporate Development
Strategic Planning and Corporate Development Department functions as the central planning and strategy development group of the Bank and addresses topics at the top of senior management's agendas. This role will provide the opportunity to work on different bank level strategic initiatives across all the Businesses and Functions of the Bank, covering the following
- Bank strategy development: Formulate the Bank's medium term strategies, support execution, coordination, tracking and evaluation according to the Bank's strategic planning framework; lead articulation and mobilisation to achieve strategic priorities.
- Business strategic study: Lead or support strategic business studies that are cross-Businesses, Functions and/or geographies in nature, derive actionable insights and make appropriate recommendations to the Bank's senior management.
- Corporate development: Lead or support execution of acquisitions and disposals (A&D) projects, support governance of the Bank's corporate investments and exploit synergies in accordance to the Bank's strategic priorities.
- Executive office support: Support key activities of executive office including but not limited to presentation materials for external and internal meetings, relationship management with key external and industry bodies and monitoring of business results; advocate and facilitate cross-business collaborations
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Strategist and Corporate Development Manage r . Principal responsibilities
- Lead fact-based analysis to develop relevant hypothesis for discussions and recommend strategic options for consideration by senior management in relation to bank strategy, corporate development and business performance improvement
- Develop strategy papers and reports to articulate strategic plan, strategic analysis and business performance to support decision making, ensure bank-wide alignment and solicit approval
- Mobilise and collaborate with businesses and functions to devise strategic initiatives, manage implementation, monitor performance and support issue resolution.
- Be trusted advisors to working partners and conduct credible challenge on all strategy development and execution issues, through daily working relationship and participation in various committees
- Build and develop relationship with the Bank's subsidiaries, associate companies and corporate investments; monitor performance and support directors and senior management on corporate governance
- Lead relationship with external parties including industry associations and mobilise collaboration and participation by the Bank's relevant departments
- Provide Chief-of-staff support to enable CEO and/or other C-suite members effective and efficient execution of management agenda, internal and external communications, and other issue resolution
- Co-lead various department administrative and internal control responsibilities as per Group and Bank's requirements
- University degree with good knowledge in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or a related discipline; professional qualifications such as ACCA, HKICPA, CB, CFA, CIIA, FLMI and PMI an asset
- Over five years of financial services (e.g. retail banking, wholesale banking, private banking, insurance, asset management) and/ or strategy consulting experience for Senior Business Strategist role
- Generalist problem-solving skills with strong conceptual, highly structured and analytical capabilities to deal with ambiguities
- Project management skill with a track record in leading and mobilising cross-functional teams and managing multiple priorities
- Excellent written communication, oral presentation and interpersonal skills; Able to articulate conceptual ideas and strategic directives to a wide range of audience
- Good knowledge of commercial banking products, organisation and operations; knowledge of and exposure to Mainland China business, transactional banking, wealth management (incl asset management and insurance), innovation (incl FinTech and digital), RMB and cross-border business, strategic partnership, M&A, subsidiary management, or management information reporting highly preferred
- Committed, self-motivated and action-oriented personality with strong ownership to drive business performance and the success of strategy development and implementation; Ability to build a trusted-advisor relationship with working partners and senior executives
- Well-versed in MS Office including Excel and PowerPoint; experience in modelling an asset
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
If you would like to explore other opportunities at Hang Seng Hong Kong, please visit www.hangseng.com/careers/ for details.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.