TRAINEE: Strategic Financial Steering - Corporate Finance / Accounting Hong Kong
- Assist in the production and certification of the key financial metrics for Support Units in Asia
- Contribute to the relevant and timely analysis of the Costs and Headcount to the Department's Head and the Finance Senior Management
- Work on ad-hoc studies on key metric for the senior management
- Participate actively in the management control community with the department during the key milestones of the year (e.g. Forecasting, Budgeting, Quarterly publications)
- Support the team in various functions, e.g. coordination with our team in Bangalore, Production and Analysis of P&L, participation in projects and ad-hoc studies for the Development and Finance department or the Business Lines
All our positions are open to people with disabilities Profile
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Accounting or Controlling or similar
- Good interpersonal skills and Team player
- Energetic and motivated with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Solution-focused, service-oriented and proactive
- Organized, detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks/deadlines
- Ability to work in an environment with rapidly changing priorities and high demands
- Open to innovative ideas, creative and hard working
- Fluent English is mandatory, with French and/or Chinese would be a plus
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients' projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong - a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group - we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
The key role of the Finance Department is the supervision of the accounting, controlling function and performing required analysis impacting the financial performance of the Corporate & Investment Banking Activities in Asia.
Within Finance, Strategic Financial Steering oversees financial monitoring of all the support functions providing analysis and support with all their financial issues and development strategies.
Job code: 19000GX3
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 01/07/2019