See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. We advise, originate, trade, manage and distribute capital for governments, institutions and individuals. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. We provide you a superior foundation for building a professional career where you can learn, achieve and grow. Technology/Role/Department at Morgan Stanley Overview
This role will be focused on proactively validating and verifying data center asset decommissioning - disposal procedures and records with the objective of detecting, alerting and verifying errors, omissions and corrective actions to prevent potential data center asset or data loss events.
The reconciliation function will reiteratively test data center asset management controls within and across regions via desktop and/or field level validations. The main objective of the role is to check that the disposal process and chain of custody documentation is compliant to the Firm’s standards and that artifacts are globally reconcilable.
The role has global responsibilities with colleagues and key stakeholders based in locations across North America, EMEA, Asia and Japan. The successful candidate will build relationships across different regions and time zones to support the role and EDC's Risk agenda. Qualifications:
- Excellent teamwork skills, capable of working effectively across a variety of IT and Business groups, across regions, roles and able to interact effectively with all management levels
- Ability to switch context quickly and work on multiple streams of work concurrently
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Ability to identify appropriate stakeholders within and beyond immediate team and work to build and maintain tight network/relationships with them
- Strong communication skills essential, written and verbal
- Experience in developing executive level presentation materials
- Self-starter able to identify where focus is needed and bring clarity to requirements
- Proven ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office and related applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Project). Advanced skill in data manipulation or automation using Excel functionality.
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with individuals at all levels of the organisation and leverage this to achieve work-related objectives
Education and qualifications:
- Educated to degree level.
- ITIL, PMP certified (desired)