Overview The Technology Controls International Risk Management organization was established in March 2014 and is a division of Technology Controls Technology Risk Management and Compliance to address operational risk management for Wells Fargo business interests across a complex and growing environment outside the U.S.
- Provide oversight to Technology Control Management programs;
- Providing periodic Technology risk assessment, gap analysis reviews, and credible challenge efforts for regional Technology operational risk matters.
- Lead efforts for identification, recommendation, and remediation of regional Technology issues and / or breaches of key risk indicators.
- Works with complex units and provides operational risk expertise and consulting for high risk projects and initiatives;
- May provide operational risk consulting on complex issues. Designs and develops assessment strategies, methodologies and analyses; evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems and internal controls; analyzes business and/or system changes to determine impact, identifies and assesses operational risk issues and assigns risk ratings consistent with established policy standards;
- Consults with business to develop corrective action plans and effectively manages change;
- Identifies training opportunities; designs/coordinates the development of training materials delivers or coordinates training delivery. Reports findings and develops business cases to influence senior management on the need for controls to mitigate risk;
- Manages and/or coordinates production of periodic operational risk performance reports for senior management, including trend analysis and recommended strategies;
- May manage project teams and provide operational risk guidance.
- Partners with Technology Compliance teams to support Technology regionally based regulatory reviews, audits and other compliance activities as developed and defined.
- Experience participating in audit and exam activities
- Understanding of APAC regulatory agencies, Wells Fargo APAC legal entity structure and associated technology regulatory requirements.
- Strong matrix management skills;
- Ability to move rapidly to build business requirements, gain consensus and provide resolution;
- Experience consulting across the company from management to team members with varying degrees of operational risk knowledge;
- Demonstrated experience as a team lead;
- Ability to interact effectively across the organization including senior level management while demonstrating the ability to build strong relationships with business partners;
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and consulting skills;
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate large group efforts with internal partners in scheduling, coordinating, drive consensus, and resolve conflicts between info security and business objectives;
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change while prioritizing effectively and delivering high quality work in tight timeframes;
- Experience with Control Assessment Program and other Governance processes;
- Demonstrated process improvement knowledge;