See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Team Profile
Morgan Stanley's Trading Risk Control team develops and maintains risk controls used in trading execution engines. The trading engines include strategies that perform benchmark execution, low latency liquidity seeking and internalization across multiple asset classes inclusive of Equities, Options, Futures, and FX.
Our Morgan Stanley team is responsible for the full software life cycle of these systems. The team is a global team with significant sized teams in Europe, Asia and North America. We work closely with our business partners in sales and trading, risk management, compliance, operations, research and other technology teams at Morgan Stanley.
The role combines solving complex business and technical problems. The business problem is around how to provide automated solutions aligned to regulatory projects, such as Brexit, MIFIDII, new exchanges. While solving these business problems the technical solutions have to be highly available, low latency, high throughput, scalable and well tested. This means we rely on the latest technology to implement these products. Qualifications: Role Profile
- You will be responsible for C++ development for strategic and tactical solutions for risk strategies, improving scalability, performance and efficiency of the strategies.
- You will become specialist on specific areas and provide consultancy and feedback to internal clients, developers and Project Managers.
- You will be responsible for developing Risk and Regulatory solutions to our trading engines as part of a global development team.
- You will be fully involved in all aspects of the project lifecycle from requirements to deployment and subsequent support.
- Development may be for new features, new systems, or for mandatory regulatory requirements.
- Enhance existing systems to meet new requirements and applying break-fixes to software as required.
- Design/develop new products to add value to the services the team provides.
- Perform code reviews, run automated regression testing, configure and help deploy
- You may also be required to serve as an escalation contact for L3 support
- An experienced understanding of C++ Development
- Experience working in a Unix/Linux environment
- Financial industry knowledge not required
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.