See job description for details
We are a global financial services firm that is leveraging technology to its highest potential. We’re looking for talented technologists to join our team. Grow your career through a wide range of professional and development opportunities at Morgan Stanley Budapest. We offer:
- To work with some of the best professionals in the business - for a firm that values individual intellect as much as teamwork
- The opportunity to learn something new, every day
- State-of-the-art offices in the City Centre that are designed to maximize collaboration
- A competitive compensation and benefits package including eligibility for an annual bonus You will:
- Join FX Options development team in Budapest
- Get to know and understand our distributed technology stack, learn about the various applications and their roles in serving the business
- Learn about FX Options products, about the markets and the way they are traded
- Interact on a daily basis with colleagues and clients (strats) from the London and New York offices
- Help translating business requirements to development tasks
- Contribute to the design and implementation of software solutions to these business requirements
- Develop in Java working on backend components in a distributed, Unix-based environment
- Write unit and integration tests to your implementation and assist the rollout process to the live production environment
- Have the opportunity to work with scripting languages such Python and contribute to Angular-based web development projects Qualifications: You have:
- 3-5 years of experience with Java
- Working experience with Spring framework
- Development experience in object-oriented programming and working with mixture of new and legacy systems.
- Good problem-solving, result-focused, can-do attitude, and strong focus to keep the business running and competitive.
- Good communication skills in English and ability to work in a team. You might also have:
- Experience in Python development
- Experience in web development and client side technologies such as Angular
- Interest in the financial business (albeit no prior knowledge is required).
- Open to learn and work with other technologies as business objectives require.
We have an opening in the FX Options team in Budapest which is part of the global front office technology team facing off to the business and strat (quant) teams. The team owns the eTrading infrastructure used by the bookrunner group to manage the pricing, execution and hedging of FX Options products. The role would involve significant contact with bookrunner and strat teams to analyse, understand and implement solutions for the business. Every day interaction and close cooperation with team mates in the London and New York offices is also is also part of the position. The current projects involve a major rewrite of the pricing plant, integrating new analytics models from the strats. This role provides an excellent opportunity to be involved in this project and have an impact on the future direction of the options trading technology.
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. At Morgan Stanley Budapest, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas, including Technology, Mathematical Modeling, Finance, Risk Management, Operations and Data & Analytics from our new state-of-the-art offices near the Danube and our City Gate office in the heart of the city center. Learn about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley Budapest:
Build a career with impact. Visit https://www.morganstanley.com/about-us/global-offices/europe-middle-east-africa/hungary morganstanley.hu
for more information. Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.