See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Team Profile
The Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) support team is looking for a DevOps candidate, to maintain our large scale Linux plant. The environment consists of a mixture of Red Hat Linux with open source and in-house developed components which support the continued delivery of a stable and secure infrastructure with increased agility and flexibility.
The Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) support team is responsible for maintaining and improving Linux infrastructure for Morgan Stanley's distributed systems. The group is involved in incident and problem management, integration, and maintenance of numerous products, including hardware, configuration management, system services (DNS, DHCP, NTP, etc.), virtualization technologies and a variety of in-house developed tools. Role Profile and Responsibilities
- You will have experience of managing, deploying to and debugging large scale production environments.
- You will be joining a global team of highly accomplished engineers, developers, and operations specialists.
- You will contribute and maintain documentation for systems, processes, and procedures.
- You will be responsible for on-call responsibilities shared with a global team
- You will have experience with Change Management and Problem management practices
- You will be expected to act like an owner. Qualifications: Skills Required
- 4+ years of experience working with a large scale distributed environment
- In depth experience with Linux System Administration preferably Red Hat.
- Detailed knowledge of TCP/IP, Experience with networking and security concepts, implementation, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with monitoring tools and solutions
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Coding experience with Perl/Python or shell scripting.
- Ability to work with a global team.
- An understanding of Problem and Change Management Practices
- An understanding of SLA, Metrics, and Alerts
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to write technical documentation and teach team members. Skills Desired
- Experience with Configuration Management tools such as: Puppet, Docker, Satellite
- Experience with application integration / containerization.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.