Windows Server Operations Specialist
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Feb 18 2018-02-21
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Enterprise Infrastructure (EI) is that global technology group that delivers the software and hardware technology solutions that make our businesses run. The team manages the production, operations, and engineering of our data centers, voice and data networking solutions, wireless technologies, server and database operations, desktops, servers and mainframes.
The Mobile Computing team operates within Enterprise Infrastructure under the End User Computing product umbrella. Our primary purpose is to drive business enablement via the mobile platform. Our customers encompass all of the global, Firmwide users. Our technology stack includes but not limited to Linux and Windows systems, DBs, web technologies, VPN, Perl, Java, iOS, and Android. You will partner with our Mobile Engineering team and external vendors to implement and support mobile infrastructure and applications (iOS, Blackberry, Android) in order to take us to the next generation of Enterprise Mobility Management. We are willing to train you on the Mobile Device Management platform, but we require you to be a dynamic, seasoned IT professional, with experience in a large-scale enterprise with demanding users. You will have the opportunity to gain experience in extensive mobile computing technologies along with the chance to engage and support the business users.
The Windows Server Operations group provides a stable, yet agile and dynamic infrastructure platform to support functional requirements of the business whilst managing associated risks. The team has presence in several cities across the globe including Budapest and its responsibility is based around operational stability and production engineering of a large global Windows Server environment
- Maintain the global server infrastructure, provide operational stability by following and using the tools, policies, processes and procedures available.
- Coordinate operational tasks, escalations, process improvements.
- Investigate & Troubleshoot incidents
- Work with Engineering groups and external vendors to deliver new solutions and technologies.
- Integrate new products with the latest IT security guidelines
- Identify areas for automation and implement scripted solutions
- Provide documentation and knowledge share to support teams globally
- Hands-on experience with Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016
- Microsoft core services DFSN, DFSR, DNS, AD, Printing
- Systems Center SCCM/SCOM
- Microsoft Clustering, Symantec Storage Foundation
- Experience of Platform build/OS installation tools
- Scripting skills mainly in PowerShell
- Basic understanding of Network layers
- Knowledge of server hardware, Configuration and Management
- Active Directory knowledge
- Vulnerability Patching products for example IBM Bigfix and Microsoft WSUS
- Understanding of Citrix Virtualization Technologies
- Experience in working with global and remote teams
- Strong communication skills
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.