Asst Dir-Sr Software Engineer
Job Description In this role you will be a member of the Moody's Analytics' team creating and supporting some of the industry's leading software solutions for the structured finance industry. The Structured Finance Portal offers data and analytics across all structured finance asset classes with advanced reporting and time-saving data normalization and aggregation. It provides structured finance professionals with cash flows, regulatory metrics, comparative analytics, and data aggregation in one integrated platform. You will be involved in all aspects of SDLC, working directly with key business stakeholders to build and support key SAV applications.
Typical Responsibilities include:
• Brainstorm, design and develop an enterprise software product.
• Design and implement re-usable software components.
• Ensure the product is highly configurable and extensible.
• Work collaboratively with a core team of architects and developers spread across different locations.
• Get involved in full-stack development.
• Research and build POCs using available frameworks to ensure feasibility.
• Create technical design documents and present the details to a larger audience.
• Participate in architecture and design reviews for projects that require complex technical solutions.
• Develop reusable frameworks/components and POCs to accelerate development on projects.
• Perform gap analysis and provide business solutions.
Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, IT, Software
• 6-8 years software development and data engineering and data science experience
• Good experience in data mining, machine learning and deep learning techniques and algorithms using various toolkits like NLTK, Theano and TensorFlow, keras etc.
• Experience with building a data lake using AWS cloud services such as EC2, EMR, RDS, S3 etc.
• Knowledge of Relational and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, ElasticSearch, PostgresSQL is a plus
• Experience with distributed frameworks such as Apache Hadoop, Storm/Spark/Kafka, airflow
• Experience with object oriented/functional programming languages like Java, Scala, Python, etc.
• Experience with building data pipelines is a plus.
• Strong debugging, analytical and problem solving abilities.
• Ability to learn quickly and work independently.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.