Info Security Engineer
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description About Enterprise Global Services:
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Operations, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website . Department Overview:
Wells Fargo views information security as enabling lines of business to mitigate information security risk in accordance with our risk appetite. Through a framework that addresses policy, process, operations, people, and technology, IS protects our infrastructure, company data, and customer assets while ensuring alignment with applicable regulations and laws.
Our vision is to provide Wells Fargo with world-leading cyber security risk management. About the Role:
The IS Cyber Security Defense and Monitoring group is searching for an expert-level Splunk engineer and data scientist to join the Security Content Development team, to enable and improve enterprise security visibility. Events of interest from upstream security tools, a variety of core and distributed systems, applications, and outputs from big data solutions are on-boarded to Splunk with the Common Information Model (CIM) in mind for our enterprise security stakeholder groups and the Cyber Threat Fusion Center. Responsibilities
This expert Splunk and data analytics professional will participate in investigating distributed Splunk performance concerns, onboarding and optimization of data quality and completeness for enterprise security workflows and analytics, and evaluate data in Splunk during ad hoc investigations.
We are looking for the professional who is able to combine broad IT and cyber security experience with their passion for data quality and comprehensive security visibility, someone who has considerable experience in using regular expressions and executing back-end Splunk engineering tasks, has mastered the art of data analysis and visualizations in Splunk, and enjoys challenges and exposure to a multitude of new learning opportunities. Essential Qualifications:
- 10+ years of information security applications and systems experience
- 6+ years of enterprise Splunk engineering experience
- 4+ years of Regular Expression (regex) experience
- 5+ years of information security experience including experience in one or more of the following security disciplines: information security monitoring, incident response, vulnerability management, host/network forensics, cyber-crime investigation, penetration testing, business continuity, or cyber threat intelligence
- Ability to analyze complex issues and develop use cases and relevant documentation for monitoring on Splunk
- Experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) products
- Knowledge and understanding of data security controls including malware protection, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, content filtering, Internet proxies, encryption controls, and log management solutions
- Experience connecting security log sources, authoring alerts, and creating reports and dashboards to monitor for notable security events' technologies
- Information security based reporting, metrics, analysis, and data visualization experience.
- Splunk coursework and certifications
- Programming, networking, and multiple-OS support experience
- Fluent in on one of the scripting or querying languages utilizing WMI, SQL, VBScript, or Python
- Experience analyzing large data sets
- Knowledge and understanding of banking or financial services industry
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Market Skills and Certifications Desired Qualifications:
- CISSP or equivalent certification
- Familiarization with the following Network Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP
- Familiarization with the following database platforms: MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL
- Big data service or tool experience
- Advanced problem solving skills, ability to develop effective long-term solutions to complex problems
- Knowledge and understanding of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle)
- Experience in problem analysis, solution implementation, and change management
- Web application security, vulnerability detection and mitigation experience
- Knowledge and understanding of application security planning and security architecture
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to handle confidential material in a professional manner
- Ability to identify key issues, involve affected parties, design solutions, obtain buy-in, and communicate effectively through resolution
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.