Systems Development Engineer
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description About Enterprise Global Services
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website . Department Overview
Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation /Community Bank Technology (PVSI/CBT) within the Enterprise Information Technology business provides strategic technology solutions to the both the PVSI and Community Banking lines of business, including application design, development, and support. It also helps CBT PVSI CIO group in transforming the technology organization. This includes collaborating with Risk Management, Enterprise Architecture, Strategy, Shared Service and Infrastructure teams. About the Role
You will work as a sr. Microservices Developer in building high quality Microservices, work on TDD, BDD, test automation and deployment using DevOps. You will work on modernizing our core banking application suite, develop code using agile principles and simplify design while migrating to the new platform. Responsibilities
- Drive Design and Architecture discussions in collaboration with Product Owners, Architects and business functional leaders to design and implement business Microservices using various open source technologies, tools and best practices and design patterns
- Hands on programming, unit testing and building high quality Microservices that is manageable, reliable and maintainable
- Working on an Agile and collaborative environment with business users and other technology partners.
- Lead technology/product adoption that would shape the direction of the project /program
- Evaluate various technologies or product assessments to meet business needs
- Actively Practice Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior Driven Development (BDD) while developing new features and refactoring existing code.
- Contributes to Dev Ops, Test Automation and automated build and deployments.
- Participates in code reviews, design reviews and refactoring discussions with multiple domain and delivery teams to ensure high quality deliverable, aligned with standards and best practices.
- Monitors code quality, security issues and manages technical backlogs.
- Responsible for application support and address operational issues and client defects via standard processes.
- Champions continuous improvements in the organization.
- Identifies important emerging technologies and leads in analysis of their benefits and impact.
- Good Understanding of Microservices Architecture Patterns
- 12+ Years of JAVA/J2EE Experience
- 10+ years of middleware development experience
- 10+ years of web development experience; including programming and developing web applications default.
- 8+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services
- 8+ years of Spring experience
- 8+ years of experience leading the requirement design process with both technical and business partners
- 7+ years of Agile experience
- Exposure to these technical languages/products: OOAD, JAVA,J2EE, Spring, Tomcat 7.0 , SOAP Stack(Crossfire Spring WS), XSD, XML, XSLT, WSDL, RAML,SQL and JDBC, Eclipse, JUNIT, GRADLE, GitHub, JProfiler, Springboot, Jenkins, Splunk , AppDynamics, Jenkins, Nomad, Consul, HAProxy
- Experience with Cloud Environments (Pivotal Cloud Foundry)
- Familiar with Gherkins/Cucumber for writing BDD
- Must be a quick thinker, learner, go-doer who can independently resolve problems with less direction.
- Should have knowledge of Atlassian Tools ( JIRA/WIKI/Fisheye/Crucible)
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.