Associate II SQA Engineer
The Managed Corporate Actions (MCA) service is a best-in-class centralized source of validated corporate action announcements for nearly three million equities, fixed income, and structured finance securities across global markets. MCA services customers as a single source that streamlines operations for the collection, validation and dissemination of corporate actions.
The Corporate Actions Engineering team is responsible for development, testing and support of MCA application. We are seeking an experienced test engineer to join our India Team.This position will involve hands-on test build /execution role in the financial domain. It is a highly technical position and will require strong knowledge of JAVA, SQL, stored procedures and other data manipulation technologies
Duties & accountabilities
- Design and build Test Automation Frameworks from scratch using tools/frameworks like Selenium WebDriver, SoapUI, Cucumber, TestNG, Junit and practices like BDD
- Work with the QA Manager to meet automation test requirements to the highest standards
- Influence and implement Automation test strategies, test frameworks based on user requirements
- Work closely with QA and DEV team to implement automation in CI/CD
Education and experience
- University graduate or equivalent, preferably in a computing discipline
- Solid technical background in implementing object-oriented systems
- Self-managed individual who can actively build automation frameworks from scratch
- Proficient in Java / Selenium / API Testing
- Good in implementing a Service Level Automation Framework
- Experience in designing high efficiency tests for scalable, distributed applications
- Strong Database knowledge: Should be able to define & develop Automation Frameworks for Database centric / ETL Applications.
- Experience in Relational databases and SQL is must
- Experience in implementing automation solutions in Agile Scrum and similar SW development lifecycle.
- Must have good communication skills
- Must have strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of financial instruments (Equities, Derivatives, Fixed Income) is a huge plus
- Passion for quality assurance and attention to detail
- Strong desire to learn new technologies, methods and tools
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Should be growth oriented, confident and self-starter
- Candidate should be passionate about building great automation solutions
- High level of initiative and ownership quality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - both verbal and written.
- Ability to report accurate test status and progress to the QA manager and other stakeholders
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to project priorities and processes and ability to meet deadlines.
- Work closely with development and project team members globally to deliver high quality solutions
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.