Business Analyst – Financial Systems, MIS, Invoicing
• Under minimal supervision, perform business analysis and serve as a primary contact with business users to elicit and validate requirements to improve Moody's application systems, with a specific focus on billing defects and enhancements.
• Assess feasibility of proposed business requirements and IT system designs and work with application development teams to support requested system changes. Resolve any conflicts in requirements between business users and technology teams.
• Prepare thorough, detailed, high-quality business and functional requirements documentation for deliverables of medium complexity to drive system changes as needed to meet the needs of business stakeholders.
• Manage incidents reported by system users from inception to closure, ensuring completeness of investigation and agreement on outcomes by all interested parties.
• Develop and maintain relationships with primary and secondary billing application users and keep clients informed of issues investigation status.
• Work with IT application development teams to support work products and act as an informed customer advocate for Invoicing.
• Prioritize, monitor and report on system defects and change requests, and obtain signoffs for requirements changes.
• Contribute to the planning and execution of user acceptance testing (UAT).
• Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Finance, or a related field and 2 - 3 years of progressive experience.
• Minimum of one year experience in each of the following:
o Writing business and functional requirements for system modifications.
o Performing a client support role involving investigation and resolution of system incidents reported by users.
o Planning and execution of user acceptance testing.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook.
• Strong organizational, time management and communication skills.
• Ability to plan and lead meetings to successful conclusion, gain agreements and document outcomes.
• Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must have strong writing skills and the ability to summarize complex multi-faceted information into simple and straightforward terms.
• Strong communication skills.
• Must be able to derive technical solutions to business needs as articulated by non-technical business individuals.
• Experience in a client-facing role (internal or external), handling system defect resolution.
• Working knowledge of SQL
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.