IT Project Manager
- Orchestrate and drive the successful & timely completion of programs to achieve the business goals.
- Build, develop and maintain highly collaborative and effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Employ program processes, procedures, methods, and standards for program delivery.
- Proactively identify and manage risks and issues.
- Track project deliverables
- Track and communicate program status to multiple levels of the organization.
- Initiating projects, defining scope, assessing resources, creating plans and communicating at all levels.
- Developing full project plans
- Monitoring and controlling the project, including reporting progress against plan.
- Evaluate and recommend a successful approach and execution plan across business IT and operations, covering change programmes, company/department structure and resourcing, governance, operational risk mitigation, implementations and methodologies.
- Managing project risks and issues, dependencies & assumptions, including developing contingency plans.
- Managing the change control processes
- Preparing and agreeing Project, Stage and Team Plans in conjunction with Technical and Business Managers
- Directing and motivating the project team
- Taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary
- Championing process improvements based on outputs of post project reviews and day to day experiences.
Education and experience
- 6-8 years' experience in a product development/Project management/product management role.
- A thorough understanding of the software development life-cycle must be shown, across a variety of different delivery methodologies.
- Proven delivery track record
- Experience managing delivery of projects into complex platform environments where many dependencies need careful management.
- Prior involvement in major, multi geography projects
- Experienced in Microsoft tools, Jira, Confluence and PPM software.
- Experience with Agile or other iterative processes is a plus.
- Highly focused on project delivery
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and consistently meet tight deadlines, Excellent estimating and planning skills
- Good presentation skills
- Solid documentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Meeting Management
- Issue Management
- Decision Support
- Conflict Resolution
- Logical Thinking
- Flexibility and attitude to achieve tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Ability to lead conference calls with both internal and external participants
- Ability to work with a complex stakeholder group across geographical boundaries
- Ability to work creatively, propose ideas and contribute to working groups
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.