As a Software Test Engineer, you will participate in a fast paced Agile development team, building SaaS financial web applications. Your main responsibilities will be to design, develop, and implement automated tests for software solutions as well as learn and leverage the current methodologies and technologies, including Scrum and BDD. You will be working closely with the development and product teams to ensure quality deliverables. Essential skills
- Candidate should have basic knowledge of .NET
- Working knowledge of webservice testing (WCF, Web API, Soap)
- Experience in functional and usability testing
- Experience with testing microservice and winform applications
- Working knowledge of Testing toolsets such as ReadyAPI and TestComplete
- QA Process, SDLC, STLC, SQL Server, SQL, etc.
- Should have basic knowledge of C#
- Experience with ReadyAPI
- Expreience with TestComplete
- Well versed in writing SQL
- Ability to understand functional specifications from the customer perspective and design appropriate acceptance tests.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with different levels of stakeholders in application delivery, QA and business groups.
- Thorough understanding of test principles such as unit, smoke, functional, user acceptance, and usability testing.
- Exposure to structured software development life-cycle methodologies, preferably Agile models
- Experience and working knowledge of tools such as VSTS/Azure DevOps
- Ability to analyze defects and spot trends
- Experience of working in tight deadlines in a mature testing environment
- Be able to demonstrate consistent and good judgement of assessing severity of issues.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.