Info Security Engineer
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description About Enterprise Global Services:
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Operations, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website . Department Overview:
Wells Fargo views information security as enabling lines of business to mitigate information security risk in accordance with our risk appetite. Through a framework that addresses policy, process, operations, people, and technology, IS protects our infrastructure, company data, and customer assets while ensuring alignment with applicable regulations and laws.
Our vision is to provide Wells Fargo with world-leading cyber security risk management. About the Role:
This position will provide Splunk and data analytics support. Also responsible for line of business and cross-function team partnership. The ideal candidate will have experience dealing with large enterprise data and Splunk configuration. In addition to a positive customer service attitude.
Participate in onboarding and optimization of data quality and completeness for enterprise security workflows and analytics, and evaluate data in Splunk.
Retrieve data from a variety of sources to identify items for attention, present trends/reports to management. Ability to take large and complex data sets and present in simplistic summary format.
Master the art of data analysis and visualizations in Splunk, and enjoys challenges and exposure to a multitude of new learning opportunities. Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing events in Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) products.
- Responsible for developing security-focused content for Splunk, including creation of complex threat detection logic and operational dashboards using advance XML.
- Identify key issues in SPLUNK, involve affected parties, design solutions, obtain buy-in, and communicate effectively through resolution.
- Responsible for problem analysis, solution implementation, and change management.
- Responsible to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
Market Skills and Certifications Essential Qualifications:
- Experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) products.
- Experience in Splunk architecture, implementation, and troubleshooting experience.
- Configuring Indexers, Forwarders (Universal and Heavy), Search Heads, Deployment/Management Servers, Deployment Clients.
- Proficiency in developing log ingestion and aggregation strategies.
- Expertise in developing security-focused content for Splunk, including creation of complex threat detection logic and operational dashboards using advance XML.
- Fluent in scripting or querying languages utilizing WMI, SQL, VBScript, or Python with strong knowledge of regular expressions and Creating API's on Splunk to analyze the Big Data.
- Experience with platforms such as Linux, Unix, Windows Server Operating Systems.
- Experience in problem analysis, solution implementation, and change management.
- Experience in analyzing large data sets.
- Ability to identify key issues, involve affected parties, design solutions, obtain buy-in, and communicate effectively through resolution.
- Experience in creating Correlation Searches/use cases and enabling notable alerts, detecting network outages and protocol failures.
- Support the team member on the pre-requisites for approving change, problem and incident management.
- Good experience in Agile Principles and Methodologies.
- B.Tech /B.E. in any specialization or Bachelor degree or higher.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Enterprise Splunk engineering, Analytics and Quality Assurance.
- Minimum 9 years of experience as a data analyst.
- Strong time management skills with ability to participate in multiple projects/work streams simultaneously.
- Complete projects and tasks in a timely basis, according to commitments made to stake holders and management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including technical writing skills.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Solid understanding of agile software development lifecycle and JIRA.
- Experience in writing Splunk queries and administration.
- Analytical thinker who is able to solve problems.
- ITIL V3 certified, Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Certified Splunk Enterprise System Administration
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.