About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune's 2017 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories . About Enterprise Global Services
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website . Department Overview
The Enterprise Technology Infrastructure (ETI) team within the Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) is responsible for enterprise-wide infrastructure services across the global footprint, including networking, production services, storage, data centers, mainframe, midrange and Cloud-based systems, distributed systems, and international infrastructure. About the Role
Accountable leader within Enterprise Database Management (EDM) for leading and managing the Line of Business aligned support for Database. Responsibilities
- Engage with the Head of EDM@EGS to formulate and implement an effective talent strategy that is in-line with global technology strategy and enables substantial growth within existing span-of-control for the team
- Act as a member of the EDM Leadership team and play a key role in developing and managing initiatives and support strategies at a global & local scale
- Position currently oversees 100+ resources, across multi-geographies where the global-in-house center's (GICs), with functional responsibilities supporting all Database Technology disciplines
- Manage resources comprising technical staff, analysts and project managers across multiple geographies
- Establish a high performance / reliable Technology Operating Environment with the help of counterparts in the US and design, implement and manage service delivery of the same
- Build and lead a team to deliver quality and cost effective offshoring solutions to the US managers
- Ensure effective transition of technology work from the US to the offshore platforms in collaboration with the US teams and the transition team
- Engage and manage stakeholder relationships and provide solutions when needed
Staff Management Essential Qualification
- Ability to manage a 100+ Database technology teams.B
- Bachelor of Science/Technology in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 18 years' experience in the areas of Oracle 10g/11i/12c, SQL Server, Sybase or other related databases
Market Skills and Certifications
Recommend scalable, advanced technologies and methods to support and maintain with existing Databases and support the implementation and upgrades of future versions
- Keeps abreast of new technological developments like Cloud, DevOps, Exadata, AI. Conducts evaluations of new products and POC's.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Solid understanding of architecture concerns and Database backups.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Needs to communicate with business partners, technology partners, QA, and other groups within the organization.
- Must be a quick learner, able to work independently, and manage time effectively.
- Previous ownership of an Database systems including responsibility for creation, maintenance, and ongoing support
- Participate in at least one or more Line of Business level technology initiatives and closely work with the Architecture streams
- Collaborate with the Technology Managers and Application/System Architects within and outside Line of Business in sharing best practices, knowledge sharing sessions etc.
- Assists senior Technology Managers in the financial planning or budgeting exercise of the application portfolio
- Is responsible to manage and meet the short & long term talent needs for the group including flexible and full time resource base for provision of the delivery (i.e. works with senior management on the Talent Strategy for the application portfolio)
- Is responsible for developing people and manage Talent effectively
- Is responsible for creating opportunities for team members (including the managers) growth
- Is accountable for expectations setting (goal settings) for the team members in line with the larger LoB and EGS goals (functional - technical/domain and behavioral)
- Is responsible to mentor team members and provide avenues to meet the team members aspirations
- Works closely with the HR Partners on various talent items covering the entire talent landscape (include but not limited to the below):
- Hiring the right talent to meet the business needs (work closely with the EGS Talent Acquisition Teams)
- Managing overall performance of the team members and ensure to build and sustain high performance work culture
* Bachelor of Science/Technology in Computer Science or equivalent.
* Minimum of 18 years' experience in the areas of Oracle 10g/11i/12c, SQL Server, Sybase or other related databases
* Extensive experience on 10g/11g RAC, ASM and Replication
* Exposure to OEM, Data guard, RMAN ,Performance Tuning
* Knowledge of RAC and any replication tool is desired
* Minimum 5 years hands on experience in production environments.
* Strong Trouble shooting and Debugging Skills
* Ability to work in Global Teams
* Knowledge about the ITIL processes like Change management and Release management