CIB_Markets_ Business Analyst_Vice President
Market Operations Reporting: Vice President Description
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan's focus on being the world's most successful financial services institution starts with Technology - the driving force that gives us our leading edge. Ongoing $billion investment in the firm's technological future means that by joining J.P. Morgan, you'll have a front-row seat to product innovation, and work on complex solutions to the most difficult financial problems. Role Description
Person will be part of the Market Operations - Business Analytics & Reporting team (DCO BAR) reporting to an Executive Director. This team supports the reporting for Markets Operations division within CIB for all asset classes.
Person will be responsible for managing multiple teams responsible for metrics reporting, regulatory submission and projects and building the culture of Continuous Improvement supporting business across Core Operations, Middle offices as well as Global teams. The individual will be interacting with multiple operations teams within the organization as well as on-shore business & technology teams to (re)design reporting process
The role will involve managing either or both of the below 2 teams
• BaU Metrics Generation team - responsible for generating the daily, weekly, monthly reports on time and with accuracy. Scope involves all product areas - Credit, Rates, Commodities, Equity derivatives and Currencies. Team also responds to ad-hoc data requests from Operations users, Audit team, Control team, regulatory surveys and any other ad-hoc request. The team works closely with Technology team and Business Analysts to automate any manual steps in the reports as well as adopting newer reporting tools
• Business Analysts/ Projects team - This team runs projects in the area of reporting (MIS as well as regulatory), gathering requirements and performing data analytics on front-to-back office data. They also work on high risk projects related to mitigating risk and enhancing controls in the overall reporting lifecycle (right from sourcing data from strategic systems to providing insights on trends)
The individual will be interacting with multiple operations teams within the organization as well as on-shore business & technology teams. There will be opportunities to participate in a range of regional & global projects including any process improvement initiatives.
The candidate should have good domain experience in Derivatives with business analyst skills and a proven track record of deliveries. The candidate should have a solid understanding of the product mechanics (booking flow, risk management, regulatory requirements). Candidate should be able to lead a team of high-performers and SMEs
The ability to bridge the gap between business and technology is paramount in this role, to drive the business forward in their objectives whilst shaping truly innovative technology solutions.
The role is based in Mumbai but responsibilities will be both regional and global. Cross-regional partnership across technology and the business is vital. Key Responsibilities
• Ability to frame strategy for the group and get the team aligned to deliver on the strategy
• Strong Project management - Managing the project end-to-end; ensuring quality output within prescribed timelines
• Communication of progress to senior management & timely escalation of issues
• Ability to present data in a user-friendly and visually compelling fashion
• Liaise with technology and operations partners globally
• Strong Controls mindset - Adherence to key control/regulatory/audit standards
• Manage diverse and demanding stakeholders in India and globally
• Manage stakeholder's expectations and prioritize work for the team
• Efficiently and accurately manage daily, weekly, monthly reporting requirements; Daily, Weekly & Monthly MIS.
• Work with huge sets of data from varied systems and stitch it together to derive meaningful information
• Gather, understand and document business requirements (BRDs, Functional Specifications, etc.) and review the work of other BAs who report to this role
• Work closely with the technology team to explain the requirements; test the solution developed by them and also perform UAT in close coordination with Operations Leads
• Interact with other Tech teams for inputs and enhancements to their systems Skills/ Qualifications
• Graduate or Post-Graduate (preferred) with 10-15 years experience in operations and reporting; people management experience of atleast 5 years
• Familiarity with a global bank's process & operational environment including management and external reporting is a must. Strong business knowledge i.e. Investment Banking, including product, process and system knowledge. Sound knowledge of the trade lifecycle.
• Excellent Microsoft PowerPoint skills - also good to have experience in some UI tools like Tableau or QLikview
• Ability to think creatively and deliver innovative solutions
• Ability to think and act strategically:
o Deal with day-to-day issues as well as planning and executing projects / initiatives
o Ensuring the team's activities support Operations in attaining its strategic goals
o Excellent attention to detail, and an ability to know when a deep-dive approach is appropriate
• Passionate about User Experience and providing delightful reporting services
• Ability to drive results through a \"hands-on\" approach
• Ability to work with Data science teams and work on futuristic models like predictive analytics, automated data quality detection, etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and adept at communicating with all levels of the business and technical parts of the organization
• Strong with Data analysis, data mining and system analysis
• Skilled in MS office applications including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Access and Project
• Can operate effectively in a dynamic/ uncertain environment with tight deadlines, and can prioritize one's own work as well as team's
• Flexibility to work global hours and willing to travel globally, if needed
• Good understanding of Software Development Lifecycle & Agile methodology
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• "JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer of Disability/Veteran."