Research Analyst – Macro Economist
We Offer Overview:
An exciting journey to join the Private Banking Research group (part of the Investment Solutions and Products division) in Credit Suisse. The group works on fundamental and quantitative research with the Investment Strategy verticals like Equities, Fixed Income/ Credit, FX, Macro and others. Investment Strategy and Research publishes periodic investment reports for all these asset classes which are distributed to its HNI/ Ultra-high net-worth clientele and to the Private Banking relationship managers. We Offer:
The role of an APAC Macro Analyst would involve:
You Offer You Offer: Qualifications
- Responsibility for Asia specific macroeconomic research and data collation and management
- Giving inputs to periodic research publications on a Daily/Weekly/Monthly basis
- Analyze and provide quick commentary on macro data releases
- Providing support on client queries on macroeconomic/ country specific requests
- Basic cross asset knowledge (Forex/ Rates/Commodities) to service data requests and queries on various asset classes
- Ability to build Macroeconomic models and forecasts
- Advanced Economics/Econometrics/Finance degree from reputed University, with added qualifications like CFA preferred.
- Real passion for Macroeconomics and Cross-asset Research
- 2-4 years of professional experience in Data Analysis and Model building for Macroeconomic / Cross-asset research teams
- Deep knowledge and thorough understanding of all macroeconomic concepts
- Prior experience in coverage of North Asian markets/ G20 would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of handling data sources like Bloomberg / Datastream
- Knowledge of modelling tools such as Eviews, Matlab, R, e
- Should have excellent reasoning skills. Should be able to articulate complex thoughts and ideas into simple language and communicate them with ease
- Good writing and PowerPoint skills and fluent English.
- Should be a self-starter ; showing high energy and work towards accomplish results
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.