As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement
The CIB Regulatory Technology team has responsibility for providing strategic technology leadership, application development and production support to CIB wide regulatory agenda. The team has a large book of work with key objective of Simplifying Technology Architecture & Operating Model, Providing Scalable solutions & Resilient Infrastructure, and Improving Data Quality and Management to support Business Growth and new/changing Regulatory Requirements. Role Description:
Over last few years Regulatory team has built or taken over multiple applications. This role is to work on an in-house developed regulatory reporting platform in Investment Banking Technology as a Application Developer Technical Lead. This role is based in Mumbai and is a part of a global regulatory reporting team which is spread across Asia, EMEA and North America. Candidate will be expected to have strong technical skills, designing skills, expert level technical knowledge, possess excellent inter-personal skills Key Responsibilities:
Design and develop applications in Regulatory reporting space
Translate business requirements to a high level technical design and implementation
Articulate use cases and create in-depth analysis to support business & product
Develop, Deploy and support large-scale distributed applications in a mission-critical production environment
Effectively manage stakeholder expectations, facilitate decision-making by providing right level of information and timely escalation, when required. Key Skills:
• Solid track record and experience in building large scale data warehouses and enterprise data platforms handling critical data.
• Strong working experience in RDBMS - Oracle 11, Oracle 12c or EXADATA.
• Sound knowledge and experience in Query Performance Tuning techniques.
• Working experience in UNIX Shell Scripting.
• Good to have knowledge on building Big Data warehouse using Hadoop, Big Data Ecosystem & Spark.
• Good to have knowledge with cloud computing, AWS or Azure.
• Good to have knowledge with query processing and tuning reports from Hive, Spark SQL.
• Interface with production support teams for issues if any reported.
• Strong track records in Designing scalable solutions. Hands-on with latest development trends in IT Industry.
• Knowledge of modern development lifecycles, such as Agile and iterative development.
• Continuous Integration Servers (e.g., Jenkins, TeamCity).
• Excellent communications skills. Qualifications:
The successful candidate should also possess the following attributes:
• Bachelors or Master's degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
• Strong work ethic, self-starter who is creative with a 'can-do' attitude
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently, while maintaining a high degree of communication and escalation
• Team player, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work with tight deadlines
• Organization skills, be able to prioritize task based on priority level