AVP - C++ Developer
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
The APAC Technology and Change organization is responsible for the engineering and support of technology solutions, implementation of change programs, and the associated change, design and data governance for the APAC Division. The organization includes APAC Trade Management (TM) IT.
APAC TM IT provides digital capabilities and technology solutions for the APAC divisions across various business, delivering front to back aligned, high quality IT solutions and services to support the growth and profitability of the Bank, ensure regulatory compliance, drive efficiency and further reduce complexity and cost.
A number of new and exciting projects have been initiated within APAC TM IT, enabling you to directly contribute to the success of the business. Naturally, project details are commercially-sensitive but all our projects exhibit the following common features:
- Significant engagement with product owners and user-interaction
- Technical autonomy and innovation
- Working on some of the newest technologies
- Highly motivated and engaged development teams
- High quality and commercial benefits
As an application developer, you will work together with business users and members of the development team to provide quality systems that improve productivity, decrease operational risk, enable the business to expand and make users smile. These are high profile applications that offer you the opportunity to shape the future technical direction and take ownership for functional components.
You will join the Front Office development team working for TM IT in the APAC region. The IT team is a key partner to the ATS business in APAC and has been a major contributor to its recent success.
- Design, develop, test, manage and support TM systems for Repo, Collateral and Margin (RCM) as well as the Cash Equities businesses.
- Build strong relationships with business users through understanding the challenges that they face, then build systems that will allow them to overcome them
- Maintain a solid focus on quality.
- Be willing and able to adapt to changes in priorities and requirements
- Remain open and alert to new technology opportunities
- Strong knowledge of C/C++, OOP.
- Experience designing solutions using SQL data stores e.g. Sybase/Oracle
- Understanding of test-driven, agile software methodologies and associated tools/technologies
- Proven ability to work well in delivering complex systems in a changing fast paced environment
- Can develop intuitive and robust user interfaces which improve user experience
- Good understanding of application architecture and design
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Understand concepts of and will have worked under source code configuration management policies and tools
- Strong team-building, interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to communicate effectively
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Basic ability to work independently and handle one’s time
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking, can work on own initiative whilst working collaboratively and deliver on time with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
- Good degree in IT (but will consider a Mathematics, Engineering, or other Science degree) with strong coding experience.
- Experience in C# and/or ASP.net.
- A passion for technology outside the work environment, open mind and the ability to learn, teach and adapt quickly
- Knowledge or experience of agile development (e.g. XP, SCRUM, Automated testing, Kanban…)
- Strong client relationship skills with a strong customer service attitude
- Knowledge of Repo and Cash Equity financial products.
We value these characteristics:
- Pragmatism. You have a thorough understanding of, and are highly informed by, the purist approaches. But you also have an understanding of what it takes to deliver working software
- Completion. Delivery. Shipping working software with high usability to our customers is what matters most. Your biggest thrill from a big new idea comes when you see it working in the real world
- Collaboration. Building software is primarily a social activity so you need to play well with others. Figuring out the right thing for the team to do is not about winning a debate at all costs
- Diversity. You value everyone's ideas, background, thoughts, and culture
- Curiosity. You like to learn. You continually, and deliberately, learn
- Passion. You are passionate about software. You live and breathe software. It is not just a job, it is a way of life
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.