AVP - LMR Development
As one of the world's leading banks, Credit Suisse provides its clients with investment banking, private banking and asset management services worldwide. Credit Suisse has a long tradition of meeting the complex financial needs of a wide range of clients, offering advisory services, comprehensive solutions and innovative products to companies, institutional clients and high-net-worth private clients globally, as well as retail clients in Switzerland.
Cultural diversity is essential to our success. As such, we employ people from more than 100 countries. Credit Suisse empowers employees to work openly and patiently with each other and with clients, ultimately striving to deliver superior results while offering initiatives and programs to assist employees achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Overview of department and responsibilities: Group Finance acts as a Guardian; providing quality in the delivery of independent, integrated financial control & reporting backed by sound policy and governance; and as a Co-pilot and trusted advisor providing the delivery of high quality, reliable and robust analysis and insight to support effective decision-making.
Liquidity Measurement Reporting (LMR) is a global team responsible for Liquidity reporting produced by Credit Suisse and its subsidiaries for the main regulators (FINMA, PRA, CBI, FED) and other authorities, as well as for management information (MI) to support various functions with regards to liquidity management. LMR teams are based in New York, London, Zurich, Singapore, Wroclaw and Pune.
The LMR Global Development Team has been set up with the view to create a global platform to drive forward, manage and coordinate changes across a number of LMR work streams.
The mandate of the team is to:
- Implement and Unify Solutions
- Improve Quality
- Enhance Controls
- Utilise Resources Effectively
To achieve the data governance mandate, a specific work stream has been established to address activities of identifying data gaps, highlighting constraints and assist with the overall compliance with BCBS 239 especially related to data quality for liquidity reporting.
Primary responsibilities include:
- BCBS 239 implementation and monitoring in the area of Liquidity Measurement and Reporting
- You create & coordinate all aspects liaising with BAU teams and providing SME knowledge to meaningful partners.
- Lead the DQ working group, assist with root cause analysis, prioritization and remediation of all DQ issues pertaining to LMR
- Investigate queries from CDO pertaining to products such as secured financing, prime brokerage and derivatives and provide insights on liquidity systems and architecture
- Identify key data requirements and ensure that they are addressed in governance committee meetings
- Assist with the overall compliance with BCBS 239 especially related to Data quality for Liquidity
- Improve the Data Quality process and ensure monitoring and continuous improvement
- You are a Chartered Accountant or Post graduate/Professional Qualification in Finance, Banking. Diploma in Treasury, Investment and Risk Management Graduation in Economics and Finance is desirable.
- You have 4+ years post qualification experience in a Financial Accounting/ Reporting (US GAAP/IFRS), Regulatory Reporting and Compliance role.
- You hold an investment banking experience with exposure across all secured financing products
- You require regulatory experience on liquidity would be desirable
- You have the ability to collaborate with divisions.
- You have strong time management and prioritization skills.
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take ownership and work with a high level of integrity and adaptability to changing demands and workload.
- You are require to support senior collaborators to achieve division's objectives.
- You have experience of operating in a KPO environment, governed by KPI's defined per Service Level Agreements.
- Ability to build relationships with internal clients to understand and address their needs.
- You have to plan and organise the work so that it is efficient and effective and allows service to be delivered promptly and reliably.
- Ability to seek opportunities and develop new ideas that will lead to improvements. Ability to adapt/change behaviour or plans to better achieve the target/objective.
- Ability to analyse a complex problem and identify potential solutions by exploring and analysing diverse alternatives, including, where applicable, risks and potential business impact.
- You set high targets/objectives for self and department.
- You are committed to improving productivity and unwilling to accept average performance.
- Seeks guidance and advice when appropriate to accomplish tasks and perform the role in an effective and efficient way.
- Provides clear vision and direction. Builds commitment to goal achievement.
- Consistently demonstrates integrity, fairness and professional conduct.
- High level of attention to detail in every aspect of work.